Will my duck ever love me again!

Zoeolesen

In the Brooder
Nov 29, 2021
My duck hatched 9 ducklings and due to reasons beyond our control (including a very angry drake) we had to seperate them from mother duck. Since it’s happened, she cannot stand the sight of me. She is extremely loud and lunges at me and has her beak open the whole time. I’m absolutely devastated. Will she ever trust me again?

Hi there. Welcome to BYC!

Your duck will trust you again in time, but right now she’s all about protecting those babies and
she trusts no one. When they’re grown she’ll come back around.

If your drake is angry it would be best to remove him from mom and babies, not babies from mom.

Thank you for the welcome :)

I’ve had to permanently seperate them, we separated drake and duck/ducklings but the duck and drake missed each other and he was so sad. The ducklings also got themselves into so much trouble and I constantly had to rescue them from being badly injured, or worse. :(

They’ve gone to amazing homes and my adult pair are back together and are as happy as ever. However, she doesn’t like me at all. Will she trust me again? I love them so much

Thank you for the welcome :)

I’ve had to permanently seperate them, we separated drake and duck/ducklings but the duck and drake missed each other and he was so sad. The ducklings also got themselves into so much trouble and I constantly had to rescue them from being badly injured, or worse. :(

They’ve gone to amazing homes and my adult pair are back together and are as happy as ever. However, she doesn’t like me at all. Will she trust me again? I love them so much
She will! You’ve all had an experience and it’s fresh in her mind. Give it some time and she’ll come around. Peas may help :lol:

I’m glad you found the littles good homes!

Back
Top Bottom