Will my gilt farrow tonight?

Happy Camper

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 19, 2012
Puerto Rico
Of course... soooo excited here and wanting to hear from more experienced pig owners. This is my first gilt and I got her as an adult. I let her run with a male until I noticed pregnancy and moved her alone. So, I don't have an exact due date.... However I know she's in pig and she's close... but how close?
roll.png

Well for the first time today she did not have her breakfast (and I have been feeding her delicacies)
big_smile.png
. She had enough water but did not mess much with it either. This afternoon she was pooping like crazy and I noticed her stool on the harder side (sorry for being this graphic). She did move her hay to a spot but has not made the perfect nest as I have read pigs usually make. Her milk bar looks big, her vulva is protruding and when she lays down her breathing is labored (as if she was resting from having run). She is in the back of the pen and is not coming to me as she usually does to get food and treats. I just went out and she's on laying on her side but nothing coming out or her making any noise.

I can't try expressing milk from her teats because she won't let me. I did not raise her and she is not used to being touched. She lets me close to her and is not aggressive but that's it.

So... any thoughts?
hu.gif

She did not, but this morning her belly had dropped tremendously... it seems that is what was happening last night. I went to check her twice last night (12m and 3:30am) and she was breathing rapidly and on her side (not pushing though) she seemed to be having contractions. She scratched the floor while on her side with her front legs at some points and raised her tail.

This morning she was on her side for a couple hours and then stood. That's when I noticed she had dropped. She ate and had water... she also came to me for a treat. Oh noooo... the waiting game
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom