Winter Quilt Block Swap 2013

Marty1876

Hi Everyone!
7 Years
Feb 5, 2012
Port Townsend, Washington
I love to quilt, and would like to make a new winter quilt block swap. I recomend signing up soon, as space is limited. I'm starting now to give us 2 monthes (if needed) to get the 12 quilters I would prefer to have for the exchange.

We each should make twelve 12.5" x 12.5" blocks that incorporte some winter colors and at least a piece or two of wintery fabric into the block. Feel free to make your favorite block, and come show a pic of the design or tell us, if you wish it. I think we should make the blocks due January 25th. I'm open to a block theme, if anyone want to make it more specific. Otherwise, I like sampler quilts, so all us all may show off our unique tastes and preferences.

I am on BYC every single day, and I will absolutely be available to answer questions, and all who send blocks will receive blocks from whomever else takes part. I ask that when you ship your blocks, add a large SASE (self addressed stamped envelope) for easy block shipment. However many blocks we each receive is dependant on how many quilters take part.

DON'T LET PAST EXPERIENCES KEEP YOU FROM TAKING PART, I WILL BE HERE DAILY, AND THIS IS A TRUE QUILT BLOCK EXCHANGE!!!

(Note: No more than 12 quilters/sewers may sign up for this block exchange - sign up now if you are truly interested. Anyone who sign up, but does not respond to PMs for more than a week will be removed from the exchange! PLEASE ONLY SIGN UP IF YOU INTEND TO MAKE QUILT BLOCKS AND SEND THEM)

1) Marty1876
2)mnferalkitty
3)fenrosie
4)abbynormal
5)balefire
6)majack
7)Katsdar replaces Chicken Woman--(-Replaced-no PM response to multi PMs
from me- I tried and tried - she gets on but doesn't come here)
8)Paulsmuffen
9)GrannysRoost
10)abbynormalsMOM
11)Kimmie6067
12)Rockingbearanch
13)little chicklett
14)lacy blues
15)baustin

Last edited:
I will do this
smile.png
and I would like to add that I don't think there should be a theme
smile.png

Last edited:
Winter colors is very open. I think it would be more meaningful if everyone choose the winter colors that really mean something to them. I love the idea, fenrosie, of Britians winter colors maybe not being the exact same as ours. I mean, some friends would think green and red and santa, others would think silver and white and blue, and yet others would only have eyes for greys..... Pick whats dear to you, what means winter to you I guess.
thumbsup.gif

I've got you both down!

Hi Marty1876! Sign me up for the swap. I'll start now so I'm done and ready to ship when you say to. (It also gives me fall break, thxsgvg break, and winter break from school planning to make sure I've got them done!!) I love the ideas of Winter colors and simpler blocks. I know this swap will be fun to do, and you'll be a great host! I'm going to pm you my personal email that goes to my phone so you can get a hold of me if needed over the next few months. For some reason, when I subscribe to a forum replies aren't emailed to me each time they happen. At any rate, I don't want you to drop me if I get swamped with 3rd papers to grade and such!!

I'll go searching for a 12.5" block and share my decision here with you. I envision blues and silvers with glitter on my squares, just so everyone knows!!

Abby

Is it possible for you to include enough space for sewing them togather just past 12 inch? I mean, on the outer seems, customize slightly to include a seam allowence, so the useful parts are at least 12" + enough to sew..... Does that make sense?

FYI, I'm going to be off a lot this week. I just broke my clear wireless antenna, and have to get one sent. I'm also chair of a huge fundraiser going on this friday, so DON"T PANIC if you don't see me.... I promise, I'll be back! (I'm using the wireless at the library now)

Good Morning all! I am going to make the Hole in Barn Door square for my squares. This is a 12" block, so will it work?

It's from quilterscache.com: http://www.quilterscache.com/H/HoleintheBarnDoorBlock.html

Marty1876, will you let me know if the 12" will work please? Thank you!!

The 12 inch blocks on that site are actually a 12 1/2 inch per block and when you have them all sewn together into a finshed quilt, they will measure 12". So you should be good to go with that pattern.

Hi, Majack here from England. I've nearly finished the autumn blocks so want to join in on the winter blocks too. Winter colours to me are whites & greys too, so you will have at least 2 blocks in these colours from Rosie & me.

Back
Top Bottom