Winterizing coop

mueri07

Songster
7 Years
Apr 3, 2017
Help please, this will be my first winter and its get cold in Nebraska. So I will start from the top, my coop is not your ordinary coop it is a shed building made out of plastic/resin material and is 4 by 6. Plenty of room for my three girls. It has one window on each side, one I cut out myself and put screen over it. Other than that it has little vents on top and bottom of the front and back. I am wondering with the north winds that blow do I need to cover up the north window? Also there is little holes in each corner and also wondering if I should plug those with something so there is not a draft going through to my girls. I am attaching a picture of the coop and would love ideas on what to do to keep them as warm as they will need for a tough winter. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Manor4x6.jpg
    Manor4x6.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 13
As long as no direct wind can blow on them and moisture can escape they should be okay....I run heat all winter for my Birds...Never too warm as my water does freeze but it is never -28C inside my Coop....Do for your Birds as you see fit....

Back
Top Bottom