Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Quote:
CONGRADULATIONS Jim !!!! You have the 14000 post on the Cheesehead thread. I was 14001 and was going to look back and see who was 14000. And it was you !! The prize !!!! All of my excess Roosters, for pets only !!!! lol

Quote:
If he is doing fine otherwise I wouldn't put the old guy down. You might want to just schedule times that you put out his water so you have a better idea of when he will need to go out. Pick it up at night so he can't drink at night.
Is he wearing one of those Belly bands for boy dogs? Maybe put extra pads in, ie humane Super Duper Plus !!!
I doubt they make a product like Enablex for dogs, but it works wonders for humanes (speaking from experience, yes the older we get the more help we need !!! LOL) Even if they did if it is anything like the human drugs it would be very expensive.

I'm sure something can be done to make things a bit better. Did the vet check for a bladder infection ???? Don't know if dogs can take cranberry capsules but if they can that might help keep an infection at bay if he has one.
I agree with Jim, he is old but never know if there is something contributing to the problem (like an infection) but as far as exploratory surgery goes, I'd say that would be very expensive and doubt they'd find anything.

Good Luck, keep us posted !

Quote:
CONGRADULATIONS Jim !!!! You have the 14000 post on the Cheesehead thread. I was 14001 and was going to look back and see who was 14000. And it was you !! The prize !!!! All of my excess Roosters, for pets only !!!! lol

wow !! I didn't even realize that .. and it was also on page 1400, how wierd is that ??
I want to thank my parents and everybody who helped make this happen..
I humbly accept all of the roosters. your roosters will live out their lives here , just as so many of them have done in the past.. You can trust me...

..........jiminwisc.........

Haven't made my water warmers but ran across these videos on utube, check them out. I'll be adding more so stay tuned !!

I like this one but when you have so many coops !!!
th.gif

I've made these but used plastic flower pot saucers instead of a the metal pans, The saucers are a bit shallower and wider.

Here's one to use for the water nipples
http://www.avianaquamiser.com/posts/How_to_make_a_homemade__44___heated_chicken_waterer/

Last edited:
Someone from South Dakota is selling a mixture of spring wheat, oats, millet and flax for. 20 a pound! He's driving 2000 pound bags to Minneapolis around Christmas. If that's hard wheat I may buy a bag. Oh, and its organic!

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey Bigz, Where did you get that feed? I'd stop an get some if I drive thru during business hours. What brand or is it mill mix? Inquiring minds wanna know.
Oh and I think FF is higher then $12 more like $13-$14 in my memory serves me correctly!!

BBP that's not a bad price, to bad I ain't closer
sad.png

Quote:
check out wausau craigs list 11 26 11.. in Stratford. bantam cochins,, with pictures....

I saw that post Jim... wish they were closer!!

Hoping for the best with these 4 eggs... but dont hear any peeping yet and today is day 21... give them until Sunday...

Quote:
I'm sitting in Hamburg, 2 miles south from County Hwy FF. In all the forums I belong to, I have never come across anyone from Marathon County...nice to know I have "neighbors" here
smile.png

Hi, went looking for a goose nest in the pines.. didn't find anything..

I had an idea for raising greens for the chickens in the yards. You all know how trampled and bare the ground gets.. nothing grows because what isn't eaten, is trampled to death..

make a simple box out of 2x6.. about 4 ft x 4 ft.. fill it about 1/2 full of compost and/or good dirt.. nail a stout type of wire mesh over the top. something that the chickens can walk on, but not fit their heads through.. 1inch x 1inch would be ideal.. plant a cover crop of choice inside the box. ie. grass,. rye grass, oats, etc.. the grass will grow up through the wire and the chickens can eat whatever pokes up through the wire.. but anything under the wire will be protected from the birds..

this is not entirely my original idea. I read about a guy who did this to his entire chicken run.. probably a bit costly, but It was always green..

.........jiminwisc..........

Quote:
I'm sitting in Hamburg, 2 miles south from County Hwy FF. In all the forums I belong to, I have never come across anyone from Marathon County...nice to know I have "neighbors" here
smile.png

well, tatters, we are practically next door neighbors.. I am south of A on O about 2 miles.. same road as Launderville steel.

I have peafowl, royal palm turkeys, guineas, Toulouse geese, Sebastopol geese, Delaware chickens, Barred Rock chickens, Thai jungle fowl, and Coturnix quail..

stop on over and take a look .. PM me for my address & phone #

.............jiminwisc.........

Back
Top Bottom