Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Thanks for all the well wishes for mom!
hugs.gif
Thanks for the PM David! I didn't call anyone yesterday, everybody is pretty beat! Over 40 hours for us kids [3 sibs] without sleep so I didn't want to bother anyone and no one called me so I figure no news is good news. It was my dads brother that passed. I'll call him tonight and see if I can pick him up and take him tomorrow. Depends on mom's situation I suppose. Laura asked dad about my uncle one time and he told her that he was even a crabbier ol man than he is.
gig.gif
He could best be described as a Banty rooster, full of pee and vinegar. Jim the drive is flat and I get ice puddles so the chains come in handy. Someone should repair that back blade so a fella could put a crown on the driveway. It's on next years list. The wood is split, the splitter is in the shed, the snow bucket is on, and so are the chains. Now gotta go get the garbage can and the mail. Thinking lunch and a nap.

celebrate.gif
wee.gif
My tires came in !!!!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
Going to get them, Keeping
fl.gif
that they really are !!!
gig.gif

Jim you ought to make a YouTube of that chicken garden !!! I'll video it for you so it isn't so shakey !!!
lau.gif

Tatters, you are Jim's neighbor !!! You are in trouble now, He knows Chicken math oh to well !!!
lau.gif

Later guys

Has anyone been reading the posts on the ducks and geese found at a forest preserve in Illinois? Maybe someone here could help. They've been there for at least 3 months and need a home before the pond they're on freezes up.

Always nice to have a neighbor really, especially when you don't know chickens. My parents had chickens when they first moved to the country, but they were awfully tough to eat. You bite into one and it would send your dentures into a massive recoil. Was like biting into rubber lol

Afternoon All!
Not much to report here! The Girls are all good but they are rather lazy today. Everytime I go out to collect eggs, someone is setting on them. It's a different someone every time too! I got 5 eggs yesterday so it will be interesting to see how many I get today.

Welcome Tatters! If you hang around us for any great length of time, you'll have chickens before you know it! I'm a Chicken Outlaw. I live right next to a dairy and yet I "technically" can't have chickens....so I have 12!

DrH-sorry to hear about your Uncle passing and I'm glad that your Mom sounds to be better. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

BBP-I love your chicken run! I'm going to have to get some of that green house poly for the roof of my run....Thanks for the info about it!

FT-Congrats on getting your tires! Even if you do manage to win all three meal worm auctions, you do realize that it still won't be enough worm for the chickens? Right? LOL!! Ok your chickens paid me for that comment......Hahahaha!

Shanti-I agree with FT. While your dog is old, your vet should check for a bladder infection. Also, you can use cranberry capsules for a dog with bladder issues. I get them for my Tootsie dog at our local "organic and globally aware" co-op grocery store since that is the only one I can find them at. You can also order cranberry powder specifically for dog and cats- Nutri-Vet is one company as is Solid Gold. I found them to be more pricey then the human capsules I can get at the Co-op place though.
I believe there are also medications that your vet can prescribe to help with K-9 incontenence (sp) however there maybe more going on them just old age and such. HTH

Well, the pooches are all passed out on the bed and couch snoozing till dinner...I think i'll wake them up since it's now past puppy dinner time....Plus I can barely hear myself thinking over Gracie's snoring. Man my dogs are lazy things....
TTFN

WOW! Miss a morning--miss a lot! THis was the first thing I noticed...gave me pause"
Weird things going on in the coop....I made a pop door for the coop and when DH lets them out in the morning he has been using it.

I chuckled "just a little" to think of him crawling through that pop door! (OK more that just a little!)
gig.gif

My "other " daughter just messaged me....she would like to join me at the horse and pony banquet tonight!
YEAH! I dont have to go by myself!!!

So much more to comment on/if only I could remember what I read...the dogs barking for dinner dont help much! ...and phone calls...
MLH--at least it is someone different sitting on those eggs each time...maybe they all are laying?
welcome-byc.gif
Tatters! Stay a good loooong while! We can definitely help you with a chicken obsession!
DrH--best wishes and prayers too for your Mom and others in your circle...yes that "third" Clash? Bash? Slash? is hard to wait for for sure!
BBP--how do we get on a list for that grain from S Dakota? Sounds like a pretty good deal fro scratch.

I better feed these dogs before they drive me insane! I can hardly type anymore listening to them barking! (or maybe it is my Brandy and coke(pepsi?) at work?
OK friends...have a great night and as always....sweet dreams! Terri O

(PS) CC how is bunny?​

hi all, tatters, I PM'd you.. addy & land line phone#

Anybody else see that dark cloud of smoke to the North ? relax, it is just Sandi showing off her new tires ..

Annie just put a turkey pot pie into the oven.. my typing will cease abruptly when it is done cooking...

I managed to get the 5 poults to go into the chicken coop tonight.. Tommy was no help whatsoever..

this afternoon one of the ganders decided to confront me.. I just stood and waited to see if he was actually going to go through with it.. but he never had a chance, Tommy stepped between us and chased him off.. I don't know if he was just answering the challenge, or protecting me..

BBP,
we had a very small pond in our neighborhood when I was a kid.
late one afternoon late in the fall a very large flock of wild ducks landed on the pond to spend the night.. you could hardly see water between the ducks.. during the night it got very cold and by morning all the ducks were frozen into the ice.. but about sun-up they all becan flapping their wings and just took off with the whole pond intact.. I imagine by the time they got farther south the pond melted and they were all just fine..

.........jiminwisc......

TO 5:29 jim 5:30

Last edited:
Quote:
I've read about the Wisconsin Chicken laws a few times, read some absurd laws as well...so you can't have chickens if you live next to a dairy? Am I reading this correctly? Yep, I'd have chickens too if I "technically" couldn't have them either
smile.png
That's just nuts!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom