Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

raimnel) What are they looking for? Freakin' Cornish hens!! (the little ones in the store hehehe) I would tell them no on butchering on your "farm" for sure, you have to worry about them finding a way to getcha on something. Maybe these people are confused and are thinking these are the Cornish X? Because don't those get butchered around 8-10 weeks? Maybe they are just confused
smile.png
But! Not working for anyone else means you get to make your own rules! You don't want to sell to them, say so!

It's not what my son had, although similar it seems. I never got threw up, and he never had any soreness in his throat. He must have had a 24 hour bug thing. I have an actual infection
sad.png
My lymph nodes are freaking huge.

We have some CRAZY storms coming our way, right in line with that nasty tornado from Fort Atkinson. Damien is still the sitters, and i'm worried! I know he will be safe, but you can't help but worry. I am about to go in the basement. Stay safe everyone!

If you are thinking hmong people they do eat silkies, love the black meat. yes they will ask to butcher at your house, if you dont want it say no, most understand. but stick to your guns on the price and don't back down. it can be a nice thing to have a hmong to buy your extra chickens. msot want non white roosters, bantam or standard depends.

Just wanted to chime in and say Howdy to HartRice
frow.gif

I don't know of any Sebastopol breeders nearby, but Holderread's on the West coast has a very good reputation. I think the administrator/mod Terrielacy has those too, I believe she is in Oregon or Washington. She might know of someone in the Midwest at least. Those are incredibly beautiful birds, good luck locating some!

Well (as usual) the storms went around us. Some members from our 4H club had that tornado right in their backyard though in Fort. My daughters were wanting to see it...I told them to be glad that it wasnt here! Now that it has stopped poring I am going to head out and put everyone to bed. I hope those crazy horses had the sense to bein the barn during the worst of it! Sometimes they just scare me standing out in the middle of the field during electrical storms! My dogs are all freaked and wont go outside...all except the terrier and the beagle that is. Nothing seems to bother those girls!
Well--hope everyone is safe and sound and tucked in for the night! Goodnight! Terri O

Yak yak yak yak yak...... man! No internet since Monday and you guys are chatting it up like a couple of hens!!!
wink.png

BACK! I HATE not having internet!!!!!! I was bumming off my sister for a bit so I could get a glance on here and attempt to keep up but I give!!!

welcome-byc.gif
all the newbies!

I think the interview went well, it is just the type of job to keep my picky personality busy!!!!! Sad about leaving my other job; there are some really nice people there who I will miss terribly. The only bright side is I have to work with the wench this weekend so I think that will help me to justify my decision. Last day is Thursday, maybe party on Friday????? I might need a DD...... (FM, hint hint....)

That is the news at 11 here so to speak. Glad to be back.

Froggy Morning everyone! BL4 wadayamean a COUPLE of hens? Glad to hear about your interview think you should hear in a few days about a second one. Good Luck! Good chance L will be my DD tonight invited the guys at the shop to stop for ONE after work. It's a tradition for a retiree to do so. Raimnel From what I've seen the Hmong will always try to talk you down on price. But like BCC says stick to your price and if they don't like it walk away. Tell them you have someone else that will pay the price. Ended up with an 1 1/2" yesterday. Going to get a rain cap for the brick chimney, third time it has leaked into the bathroom ceiling. Only happens when it rains real hard but don't want to have to replace the ceiling. One of the SLW's has really taken charge, she even stood up to me for a second. A couple are developing their classic feathers. Their purty! First trip up on the roof since trying to learn to fly a year ago Feb.
fl.gif

Still very cloudy here.
sad.png
And the HUMIDITY!!!!
sickbyc.gif
At least if it was sunny, it would be warming the pool and that would be great! But not the luck.
barnie.gif

Thanks for another shopping day, BL4. At least everyone has the rain jackets now. We all can put them to good use.

But Man-o-man! My run is muck!!!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
I DID have 6" of sand out there and now there' 4" of muck. Gross! And how's that song go???? "The sun will come out....tomorrow. Tomorrow. Better your bottom dollar....TOMORROW!" Ya' right!
tongue.png
Equal Medium, please!!!!!

Well-better get the chores done.

Wellll went to Rapids to get a chimney cap and no one had the size I needed without modifications and I thought about it and figured that chimney is coming out of there eventually might as well make one. So I stopped at TSC and got some hyd oil and a bag of feed so the trip wasn't a total loss. When I pulled out of there I stopped and looked at a boat that was put by the road yesterday. It was just what I was lookin for. A 14', 20HP Merc which I don't need , newer gas tank no rust, 3 nice cushioned swivel seats, an anchor, 3 life jackets, 2 year old tires and wheel brgs, and a spare tire. $650. Nice older guy plenty of $ has 4 other boats selling his house and wanted to get rid of it. He said the motor ran last year but he had the lower unit drained since last winter. Needs a new wiring harness which I just happen to have on the other boat trailer. Need to put a new bow line, anchor rope, crank rope, and one new safety chain. I'm so excited that I had to crack a beer. Screw the chimney I'm busy!

Back
Top Bottom