Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Quote:
I said no when they called for my boys. I had a hard time saying it, but i would rather keep them then have them eaten. Actually the only people that called interested were looking to eat them. I'm not against people raising chickens for food, but my boys are cochin bantams. They only weight 3 lbs tops. They would be more work then what you would get.
Lovely storms we had last night! We were on the edge of our seats for awhile. I'm not good with storms so I tried to stay calm. Packed a bag for the basement and got everyone ready then just paced. All is good though, just lots of rain and wind.
Hello to all that are new! Good luck to everyone that needs it.
Raiquee- there is a viral thing going around right now. Lots of people have it and have all the things you and your son have/had. It passed through our house this week too. Well getting ready to go up to Rhinelander today. Going with my mother and other female relatives. Girls weekend. Looking forward to getting away, not looking forward to all the drinking they will make me do. My 3 cousins that are going are college age and will nag until I'm three sheets to the wind. I also am fearful that the animals will not get the attention they usually get. DH is good, but it's not the same. How can I control if I'm 250 miles away!? Thats what he said when I started in on the list of things to do everyday. Also "It's not my first time by myself, before you I managed." I agreed but also reminded him what everything looked like before me. Point taken he said. He also agreed to make me another coop!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

I was talking about how nice it would be to have the boys in a seperate coop so I didn't have to sell them and he said "fine, this time it's going to be a 20x30 pole shed so I don't have to do it again." Of course he wasn't serious, but could you image all the chickens I could have then!
Also had two more kids born this Weds, they are cute. Any one want so fainters? The one that was born last week died. Had floppy kid syndrome. I caught it to late and couldn't help him. Felt horrible too. I hate lossing them. Well got to go. Don't talk to much over the weekend it took about an hour to catch up this time.
lol.png
Take care!

I think they way corporations treat people has a direct impact on how our society runs.

The crappier the treatment the worse we all become......

What happened to treating people like people? When people work hard for you then respect them in return; we are not all mindless machines going to work at your establishment day after day, we are people with families and lives outside of work. We are there to work hard and do our best, we want what is best for the company.

We used to be that way in most places....... what happened?????

Sorry I was odd before. There was a word exchanged in my post for another that was NOT what I was getting at.....

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.....

I sold them to them, I had to get rid of them, *sigh* I'm still over my limit for winter, I got 43 out there.
th.gif
next spring DH and I are thinking on maybe raising the meat birds that take like 4 months to get 6ish pounds just to sell to them. IDK though we'll see.
BL4 I take it a problem at work???
I gotta get ahold of Jim about these cute ducks..... was wondering if their siblings.... not that I want to have baby duck but ya never know. Oh wait our new duck coop will only hold up to 5 ducks. I gotta keep telling myself that.

Well better go help DH with coop
too ta loo for now

Hi everyone!
frow.gif
Just got back from the beach and tried to lock up the girls for the night...guess they has other ideas! They all came running out of the coop like it was morning. Now I have to wait a while and go back out there to close the door.
rant.gif
My only Ancona hen has decided she will sleep somewhere else--and I can never find her now to put her in the coop to sleep. I sure hope it's a good spot and she doesnt get eaten by something! All the baby guineas and turkeys are roosting ON TOP of their pen now. Every morning I have to open the door so they can go inside and eat. They must always jump to the outside of the fence instead of back into the pen like they should! Darn birds!

My medicine for the turkeys came today. I was planning on starting them on it tomorrow but they dont have any more symptoms after the injections so I am not sure if I will. I hear ya on sloppy pens FM! All of mine are slippery and mucky and the barn floor still has 2-3" of water standing on it! Tomorrow I get to do the great spreading of wood shavings and have to start pushing the scraper through the barn and running the fan--that is, if id doesnt rain some more tonight! The veggies sure love it though! I think the lettuce garden has grown another 4"! Yeah...salad AND tomatoes for the weekend!

OK--off to go and see if those silly birds are cooped up yet! THen to bed for me! Goodnight--Terri O

Well, we know what killed out little long-haired foster kitten - all of his siblings have Upper Respiratory Infection. I know that practically every cat that puts a toe in a shelter picks it up, but I was really hoping these babies didn't have it. I'm sure they've all had it for awhile, but now it's starting to wear at them and they're picking up secondary bacterial infections - they all have goopy eyes and sinus infections...I wanted to avoid putting them on antibiotics, until I saw one of them sneeze out a gob of yellow snot on Wednesday.
sickbyc.gif
Now I'm giving them amoxicillin twice a day, and they all hate me - they run away from me when they see me coming, and they sulk, all hunched up staring at me after I catch them and make them take it.
sad.png
They just need to be better in two weeks, when they're scheduled to have their spay/neuter surgeries.
fl.gif

Sorry I'm going on about them - I'm obviously an animal person.
roll.png
How on earth did I miss that Sebbie ad on CL? I comb it every day.
hmm.png

I'm doing a HUGE data-entry project for my neighbor - he runs a cooking school, and I'm compiling over 10,000 recipes into a database for him - I have to type out EVERY SINGLE ONE.
th.gif
So I'm majorly sleep-deprived. And I hate all this wet, humid weather. The duck pens are gross. Just gross.
sickbyc.gif

Here are some of those pictures I took the other day...

Cherry tomatoes in the veggie garden:

Younger Call ducks from AlpineRanch:

Some Columbian Bantam Cochins - 3 months old already! The last one is my favorite of all, with his fluffy butt in the air:

Okay, off to medicate the kittens and then off to bed!
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you have to type them in? are they hand written, my scanner/computer will scan just about anything and change it to a word document, then i just fix the font/spelling/structure. Hand written is the only one I haven't tryed.

Hi everyone, glad to hear that everyone is still sort of dry after all the rain! Had two creeks running through our place- the one that is always there and then the over flow, grass is probably wet and squishy. Have not been outstide since thursday night-had a couple vericose veins taken care on friday morning and now the left leg is wrapped from toes to hip until monday when I have to go back to the doctor's. So I have to keep the leg proped up and can get up for 10 minutes every hour. Tomorrow I can move around a bit more but no long or sitting....

DD had fun at camp but they couldn't go swimming because the water was to high and a little faster current going. Came home yesterday and was tired plus grumpy
sad.png

Wanting to hear when the Welsummer eggs will be shipped so she is excited about that.

My garden is looking pathetic, weeds are still there as well as some beans and peas that need to be picked- of course the nurse told me no garden for 2 weeks!
barnie.gif

Stay cool!

Back
Top Bottom