Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Quote: how come the trusses ? because I need a roof over my green house..

how come the turkey isolation ? because for the first 13 weeks, they have a very poor immune system and can pick up black head from the chickens.. even can pick it up from the ground where chickens were kept,, even if it was years prior.. they can pick up Bl Hd even as adults, but I have not had that happen with any that I raised myself.. maybe if you brought in a turkey from somewhere else, it might .. I have brought in a very few turkeys from elsewhere, and they did just fine..

Annie found the pied peahen dead this morning.. evidently the puppy killed her.. what part of "guarding the flock" isn't he catching onto ??

Now I feel like selling both males and the only female that is left..

Dora is making great strides in her recovery.. I hope she continues and doesn't have a relapse.
Her muscles are loosening up and she seems to be in much less pain..

Annie has been feeding her hot dogs and cooking some old venison from the freezer.. last night Dora turned her back on a can of dog food.. ya think she is spoiled ? meanwhile, I am eating peanut butter sandwiches and whatever else I can scrape together.. I wonder,, who does Annie like best ??

......jimwonderingwhat/ifhewillgetanybreakfastfromAnnie...........

how come the turkey isolation ? because for the first 13 weeks, they have a very poor immune system and can pick up black head from the chickens.. even can pick it up from the ground where chickens were kept,, even if it was years prior.. they can pick up Bl Hd even as adults, but I have not had that happen with any that I raised myself.. maybe if you brought in a turkey from somewhere else, it might .. I have brought in a very few turkeys from elsewhere, and they did just fine..

Annie found the pied peahen dead this morning.. evidently the puppy killed her.. what part of "guarding the flock" isn't he catching onto ??

Dora is making great strides in her recovery.. I hope she continues and doesn't have a relapse.

Annie has been feeding her hot dogs and cooking some old venison from the freezer.. last night Dora turned her back on a can of dog food.. ya think she is spoiled ? meanwhile, I am eating peanut butter sandwiches and whatever else I can scrape together.. I wonder,, who does Annie like best ??

Ok, I missed the diagnosis for Dora.... what does she have? How many of those Maremas do you have Jim? Did she have another litter? I know you bought another male for Dora. Did she have pups again? Hope she feels better soon.

Gotta run, and get to Rhinelander by 10am for my echocardiogram..... later

Ok, I missed the diagnosis for Dora.... what does she have? How many of those Maremas do you have Jim? Did she have another litter? I know you bought another male for Dora. Did she have pups again? Hope she feels better soon.

Gotta run, and get to Rhinelander by 10am for my echocardiogram..... later
Dora got sick about 6 or 7 weeks ago.. was tested for lymes, and blasto.. neg on both counts.. two different vets do not know what is wrong.. but the second vet took her off the lymes and blast meds and put her on steroids.. within a half day she showed signs of improvement.. after two days she is much improved.. No name for any disease, but I don't need names,, just a cure..

No she did not have pups.. she got sick just when she was due to come in heat.. she didn't come in heat ..

I have two Maremma dogs.. 1 male,, 1 female.. no pups...... 6 people waiting for pups..

and I thought you knew,, Mom died on March 4th.. almost made it to 100 years old.. You just don't live that long unless you have wonderful sons.. well, at least one of them.. I just threw my shoulder out of joint , patting myself on the back....

..........jimgoingtogobaskinhispwmglory........

Going through lay-offs right now at work ( I am safe as is chickensh$t)...but really hard seeing co workers go. We used to be 5000 at this location alone, down to about 2500, and heard this one might take 25% :-( Should be done by noon)

Jim you were the Best son!!
(I might have puked a little typing that)

I think Annie realizes that you love peanut butter sandwiches. Where as poor poor Dora doesn't like them much.

You might need to go to the diner for a home cooked breakfast...

Deli... ok need your expert opinion and everyone elses.. this is the white rock from Deli...it is about 15 weeks old or so. Slightly agressive, bigger than all the other birds since birth, but no crow and I dont see suspicious feathers like I do on my gorgeous olive egger roo.... your thoughts guys!! Here are pics of the roo and the suspect...

Deli... ok need your expert opinion and everyone elses.. this is the white rock from Deli...it is about 15 weeks old or so. Slightly agressive, bigger than all the other birds since birth, but no crow and I dont see suspicious feathers like I do on my gorgeous olive egger roo.... your thoughts guys!! Here are pics of the roo and the suspect...

white one looks like a roo at first glance.. that is what I thought before I read your post..

how come the trusses ? because I need a roof over my green house..

Annie knows that you can open your own can of dog food and Dora can't.

Amyb: Happy Anniversary - so you are just down the road from me . . . do you live on Argue Rd? I hope things settle down a bit in the next couple of weeks, then I'll see about coordinating a meet and greet.

Bl4: loving the pics - I hope to take that trip some year.

chikenscratch: so excited for you - congrats!!
yesss.gif

Colton: Happy 14th Birthday!!! - not being on the computer and being out enjoying your chicks, siblings and the summertime is the very best reason to be too busy to have been on here. We'll be here in the fall - enjoy this time it goes fast!!!
wee.gif

irishrovr: I feel so good seeing that I'm not the only one struggling to get all my garden in this year - I live by the saying "it is what it is", we'll enjoy what veggies we do get and put our sights on next year
hu.gif
I do like the idea of a greenhouse - broke that news to my recently retired hubby . . . OH and happy early birthday!!

JJ: Thanks for the info on pasty butt, I've been trying to keep an eye out for this since I always watch for it with the meaties, but these little buggers want nothing to do with me - just mama. It is truly amazing to watch the interaction.

Alrighty - lunch break over. Have a great day all.

Rberry...would love to help with a meet up. See who is all around the area. afternoons are usually better too! let me know what I can do.

Darn Jim... that has been my initial thought all along, but with no obvious tail feathers...just didnt know.

Back
Top Bottom