Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Your Olive eggers lay some incredible looking eggs. I see your ads on Craigslist all the time. And the wyandottes are gorgeous. I think my favorite is the blues. You've got a good thing going with your operation
1f600.png

Thank you very much
1f60a.png

Jim, I looked up that breeder's web site.
He must do this full time ? Otherwise he works all night taking care of that many breeding pens.
Quite the selection he has..

I finished the second feeder. It holds 50 pounds of feed with 4" on room left at the top. perfect size..
Now we will have to wait and see how the feed drops, and how much, if any, the chickens push out of the trough.

I kept the chickens door locked so they could go only out their pop door. at 5PM I let them out to free range until dark.. there are 5 eggs IN THE NESTS !!

I watched the demolition derby today, for awhile..

........jiminwisc.........

Feeling more like Spring today...hope it continues. Good luck with the newbies mrhein.

I choose winter hardy breeds steph. My Buckeyes have tiny combs a waddles, and lay wonderful all year long. The hens can be noisy compared to some breeds, and prolly wouldn't like a small pen and coop...they love their freedom. I don't heat my coop, and collect eggs prolly 3 times a day. Keeping a close eye is a must when raising birds.....
wink.png

bigz

things are looking up, I got 6/10 in the nests today.
I closed the big door again tonight. I will keep doing that until the chickens get it well into their heads that in the nests is where we want the eggs laid.

the chicks are still doing fine in the small brooder. eating like little pigs.

I want to clean out the coop one of these days. I will have to get nephew Dan to help me.

I am rewarding myself with a couple of Coronas ..

.........jiminwisc........

things are looking up,  I got 6/10 in the nests today.
I closed the big door again tonight.  I will keep doing that until the chickens get it well into their heads that in the nests is where we want the eggs laid.

the chicks are still doing fine in the small brooder.  eating like little pigs.

I want to clean out the coop one of these days.  I will have to get nephew Dan to help me.

I am rewarding myself with a couple of Coronas ..

.........jiminwisc........
If you like corona I hate highly recommend modelo. It's like a luxurious corona. Unreal. Hands down best Mexican beer. Let me know

Hi All!

I found where my naughty little hens have been hiding eggs! I don't know how they could get in and out of there, it was a real tight space. I think I got it plugged up.

Wow mrheinz! you had quite a trip for your birds!

Night All.

Back
Top Bottom