Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

good morning,
today is try-to-get-the-water-heater-fixed day.
then I can get back at tweaking the lawn mower.
the grass along the driveway is getting out of hand already.

I didn't let the hens freerange yesterday. I think some of them hold back laying until they are free and then run to their hidden nests ..

........jiminwisc......

ETA
I got the water heater fixed.
then I got the lawn mower fixed.
took it for it's maiden voyage and the idler pulley on the mower deck broke.
Now I am trying to track one of those down. then I have to buy a new 70" V-belt that the idler shredded so nicely for me.

My advice for the day :
Don't buy a Husqvarna .

.........jiminwisc...........

Last edited:
I've been itching to do some planting but the gardens need another round of disking and finishing off with the drag - hopefully today! Yesterday I filled in the garlic row with onions where the garlic didn't make it. The timing of the rain yesterday could not have been better. Time to mow grass and whack the weeds already.

If anyone is interested I have some cages for sale. Two are great for quail and the others for chickens, bunnies or other small critterz. Some are multiple cages and some are singles. PM me for details.

Chilly May Day here today...dang, time for some nice weather....welcome back polla, prolly find some pullets here from someone, seems like quite a few are hatching. No garden work here yet....down below freeezing here again tonight.
Welcome wegarden...most folks on here do too! Where abouts are you at? We are from all over the State and I'll just bet someone is close by you.

Later...bigz

Cuckoo Marans and English Orpington cockerals possibly others later.

Slw pullets 3-4
Isa browns 1-2
Possibly others later, as well as later in the year we may be having younger/possibly POL pullets, or just sexable, for sale as we are growing out chicks and plan to slaughter most of those cockerals.

Welcome Wegarden! Yes you found the Wisconsin thread. How did your hatch turn out?
Woo Hoo! I'm so excited to be here. Half of them have hatched, and 4 more are either pipped or zipping. 4 silkies eggs look like they will not make it. It almost looks like at least some of them died right around lockdown time and one more died in the shell after pipping because it got rocked around. I wish I could figure out what happened with the 4 that didn't make it. The ones that didn't make it are all from the same rooster and hen, which is interesting.

Chilly May Day here today...dang, time for some nice weather....welcome back polla, prolly find some pullets here from someone, seems like quite a few are hatching. No garden work here yet....down below freeezing here again tonight.
Welcome wegarden...most folks on here do too! Where abouts are you at? We are from all over the State and I'll just bet someone is close by you.

Later...bigz

Hi there, I'm Northwest of Green Bay. It's nice to talk to Wisconsin people.

Hey weegarden, we are practically neighbors.. I am straight west of green bay,, about 98 miles .. LOL

I have to wait about a week for my lawn mower part to come in, so tomorrow I think I will change at least one of the frayed belts.. two if I can find both of them.

then just for the heII of it, I am going to try to adjust the transmission. wish me luck..

not much going on here today.

.........jiminwisc..........

Back
Top Bottom