Woke up to a hen with a bad limp today

She iis not too heavy but by no means small. Shes a medium size in the group. She seems to be improving a little bit the past 2or 3 days but still limping and the favored leg does feel a bit warmer to the touch. Does that indicate a fever?

I was just thinking about you and your duck today.
1f642.png

Warmth maybe just indicates a pulled muscle. I just learned from some others on the forum that limping can take a couple weeks to heal. I never knew that because all my ducks made very speedy recoveries. So don't give up hope.

@Bills vs BeaksThank you :) She seems to be improving a bit each day now. Just hobbin along. I feel bad or her but she does not seem bothered at all. Thank you so much. :)

So I'm working on a theory. Can you tell me if Sweety is molting(you mentioned something about it), or is she laying lots of eggs? One of my ducks is limping on and off, one week fine, then a day limping bad, then fine again. She's one of my high producers, and I'm trying to figure out why she might be limping. There are no marks on her at all, just warm sometimes. One person here on the forum said their drake limps when he molts, I guessing because molting takes a lot of energy. I am wondering if that applies to egg laying as well.

So I'm working on a theory. Can you tell me if Sweety is molting(you mentioned something about it), or is she laying lots of eggs? One of my ducks is limping on and off, one week fine, then a day limping bad, then fine again. She's one of my high producers, and I'm trying to figure out why she might be limping. There are no marks on her at all, just warm sometimes. One person here on the forum said their drake limps when he molts, I guessing because molting takes a lot of energy. I am wondering if that applies to egg laying as well.
Hey, @Bills vs Beaks, was that me? My drake is finishing up his molt and his limp is improving progressively. If it's a coincidence, it's a weird one.

Back
Top Bottom