Wolf or Coyote urine. Does it really work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And no fox in his right mind is going to pee over bobcat urine. Other fox urine? Of course!

Not necessarily factual. Fox, bobcat, and coyote urine can all be used as attractants when trapping fox. I have even seen in the snow where a dog fox has 'marked' at the same place that I have urinated.

Well...idk, but here's the update. We've put bobcat pee out twice..in a manner that I imagine the cat would do if he were marking. We confined the chicks to a pen last Monday.
Have been out there several times a day with our Gator, or bashing pan lids, sometimes just walking, driving the car, whatever. No sign of the foxes...and the flock has relaxed.
considerably. Also have been putting eggs out a mile or so down the road, in an area where we've seen the young foxes before. Not letting guard down for quite a while yet...but
just saying. Our flock has been free ranging since 2005 and we can tell when the old roosters think there are predators in the area. Which also helps.

No coyote urine does not work my uncle an avid trapper puts coyote urine around his traps to attract coyote and fox and it helps cover up his own scent. I don't want an argument with anyone just stating what my uncle does.

Just an update for the record. We purchased bobcat (not coyote) urine, and I tried to spray it around the way a real bobcat would. Intermittently, and only very occasionally...every few days. We do not have bobcats (that I know of) living in this area. Since the time I started doing that....the foxes are gone. We have had no problems with them in the past two months. In my opinion, the bobcat urine made a difference.

" In my opinion, the bobcat urine made a difference."

Or your fox moved on naturally.
I REALLY doubt the urine had any effect, since Fox and Bobcats commonly inhabit the same areas

" In my opinion, the bobcat urine made a difference."

Or your fox moved on naturally.
I REALLY doubt the urine had any effect, since Fox and Bobcats commonly inhabit the same areas
Um, not really. WE don't have bobcats here. It's too civilized. We have them living in the State, but not in this area. Guaranteed.

And I'm not asking for an argument. I think it worked. Simple as that..

0.jpg

Neither am I looking for an argument but bobcats can be incredibly shy and secretive.

As this video shows, bobcats like hawks only make themselves as scarce as they think they need to be.

Urine (like coyote urine) is used as a confidence builder when trapping other furbearing predators. It may or may not attract lets say a fox, but it builds the foxes' or other target animals confidence that the opportunity he is presented with is a real or natural opportunity because "Hey Wiley Coyote was there first and nothing bad happened to him," that easies the foxes' suspicious nature and means that the fox is more likely than not to jump feet first into what ever opportunity he finds, maybe looking for scraps the coyote left behind. If that opportunity happens to be inside your chicken coop or run, well that is too bad for you and for your fowl.

Animals like bobcats don't possess our human sense of logic nor do they think like we do, they tend to think only with their stomachs and never with their brains.

Last edited:
0.jpg

Neither am I looking for an argument but bobcats can be incredibly shy and secretive.

As this video shows, bobcats like hawks only make themselves as scarce as they think they need to be.

Urine (like coyote urine) is used as a confidence builder when trapping other furbearing predators. It may or may not attract lets say a fox, but it builds the foxes' or other target animals confidence that the opportunity he is presented with is a real or natural opportunity because "Hey Wiley Coyote was there first and nothing bad happened to him," that easies the foxes' suspicious nature and means that the fox is more likely than not to jump feet first into what ever opportunity he finds, maybe looking for scraps the coyote left behind. If that opportunity happens to be inside your chicken coop or run, well that is too bad for you and for your fowl.

Animals like bobcats don't possess our human sense of logic nor do they think like we do, they tend to think only with their stomachs and never with their brains.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom