Wolf or Coyote urine. Does it really work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the problem????? I simply said what worked for me! If someone wants to try it, I think it's worthwhile. And I'm not selling it. Every situation is different.

Honestly, my whole point is to relay my experience. It worked. Seems I was told some time ago that "my whole flock would be wiped out" by the foxes.
That hasn't happened. I think the urine worked, probably in combination with our other efforts. But I do know that the first time I used the urine, there was an immediate result. No foxes.

Seems that some seem to have a problem keeping an open mind. Next time you want to tell me that I'm totally wrong, just remember that there is always another side. I don't think there's anyone who knows everything, and if you think you're an expert because you trap, I guess you're entitled to your opinion, but I don't feel that qualifies you as an expert. No man knows everything there is to know about any animal. That's why people are always asking questions. .I have consulted with others who ARE considered State wildlife experts, and been told exactly what I just relayed here. No one knows for sure. Just relaying my experience. Got it??

Last edited:
, but not in same manner as a “Posted, Keep Out” sign is used in the human world. Territories of canines and felines overlap, and while coyote packs, fox pairs and individual bobcats or lynx avoid each other, they still are interested in keeping up with each other.
Using urine makes sense when you make sets for canines or felines. For mink, raccoons, otters, weasels, muskrats and beavers, forget it. Beavers use castor to mark their territory, of course, but that’s a behavior unique to the species and doesn’t belong in this discussion.
Urine is attractive to upland predators, and upland predators only.
Except for squirrels and other small rodents, and also rabbits. And deer. And cows. All of these animals are attracted to urine because it contains salts and trace minerals, so using urine where these animals are plentiful can decrease your trap-night ratio, because many sets will be put out of commission by the unwanted animals working them to get at the urine.

Last edited:
If the fox is an alpha it will be a lot more likely to ignore scents. They will at worst probably make the fox more careful, but if he doesnt see any threat, from my experience the fox will likely try to see what he can get away with. Your best resource is to trap or shoot. If you cant use a gun a powerful air rifle will do. When it comes down to it you are fighting mother nature, and mother is cruel, that is the number one rule to remember. When you fight mother she normally wins unless you get real aggressive, then she is still likely to win. I am always amazed at mothers resourcefulness.

My humble 2 cents worth from lessons well learned.

Could use a more bigger animal urine such as bear urine. Don't use this if you have bears in your area (I live in CT so no bears hear). But this use will send foxes running away. http://www.snareshop.com/prodinfo.asp?number=L404 get the male dominate boar urine.

LOL
It will NOT "send a Fox running"
Animals ALL live together in the wild, and are used to smelling each other's wastes.
The don't "avoid" areas simply because another animal urinated there.

You need to inform these folks there are "no bears in CT", because they disagree:
http://www.depdata.ct.gov/wildlife/sighting/bearsight.asp

Quote: Total 3061

O. M. G..................................................Urine can repel or attract, depending on what nature intends it to do . That's why animals mark their territory.

All these wildlife experts, oh, my. Who woulda thought?

Next time I run into a State wildlife expert who has any questions about urine, I'll have them jump right on here......

Because it doesn't. And this needs to stop. You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not qualified to over rule every one else's opinion on this thread.
We will agree to disagree.

End of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom