Woods Coop Complete...mostly

A lot of word of mouth. Something like, “what are you building in your backyard” I tell them a chicken coop and they say what are you making it out of? I say, don’t know yet. Then about 1 out of 5 say “I got blah blah blah in the shed I would love to get rid of if you come and get it”.

If they see it being put to good use then they don’t find it to be a loss. I will give them some eggs to say thank you and they see me recognizing and appreciating and would do it all over again.
Hmmm! Well here's hoping once I start, people will start popping up lol. A sort of "if you build it, they will come" type thing hahahaha.

No, ribbed steel. The heat is coming from the roof and just kinda looms and radiates in the coop. The windows helps move it but not fast enough. Insulation slows that heat transfer. I didn’t see an appreciable difference to go to shingles after buying plywood and shingles.
Should also prevent condensation.

I'm designing a woods coop in my mind right now. As soon as the grading is done, I start building. Trying to determine siding (T1-11, Smartside paneling, Textured Redwood Grain Fiber Panel Siding?; metal has been eliminated). Roofing will be metal. Anyone have recommendations for siding?
I did the Smartside paneling on my woods, it was pretty easy to use and looks nice. Just keep in mind that it is intended to be overlapped so make sure you have studs at that 4' width to nail into.

One of my desires for using metal siding was the smooth interior finish that would discourage mite infestation (as my understanding goes). I decided against metal siding because the vertical edges are so hard to finish because of the ridges. What is the interior surface of Smart-side like?
Its OSB on the inside

72286D74-B88C-45F3-93F3-800DE9EBDAF8.jpeg
D50C0967-AE80-483D-AD34-7DC55654E3AA.jpeg
Some build pictures. I have more but they are on my laptop, which I don’t have right now.

Back
Top Bottom