Worming chickens

Dont mix safeguard in water, ineffective. Give it orally to each chicken. You can give it to them 3 days in a row. Personally, I like to give it to them 5 days in a row.
Benzimidazoles dont stay in their digestive tract very long and are excreted. I dont worry about egg withdrawal periods when using benzimidazoles.

Dont mix safeguard in water, ineffective. Give it orally to each chicken. You can give it to them 3 days in a row. Personally, I like to give it to them 5 days in a row.
Benzimidazoles dont stay in their digestive tract very long and are excreted. I dont worry about egg withdrawal periods when using benzimidazoles.
It does work better when given 3-5 days in a row, but a single treatment at 0.23 ml per pound of body weight should treat large roundworms and cecal worms. Capillary worms, though, they need five days, and gapes need three.

10-14 days isnt very effective I assure you. Albendazole perhaps, but not fenbendazole.

After the 3-5 days when do i reworm them???
10-14 days. I suggested 1 day worming because some people have reported that their birds get depressed after several days of worming. With an upcoming show, I didn't want to suggest something that would have your bird standing in a cage looking ill.

Back
Top Bottom