Worms...AGAIN. Please help...I dont know what I can use now!

Kathy, It was a sad discovery when I found out that I needed 2 doses of wormer for Capillaria. One dose all along and I lose a silkie to capillaria.

Can you get Praziquantel in a horse wormer?

I could go on and on with studies like those.

-Kathy

So could I:
* The pharyngeal muscle of avr-15 mutants does not respond to ivermectin (Dent, Davis and Avery, 1997; Pemberton et al., 2001) clearly indicating an involvement of GluClα2. An important point to note in terms of the site of anthelmintic action of ivermectin is that although the pharynxes of avr-15 mutants are not inhibited by ivermectin, populations of avr-15 mutants exposed to ivermectin are still paralyzed.

* http://www.wormbook.org/chapters/www_anthelminticdrugs/anthelminticdrugs.html

Even in 1997 reports of paralysis can cause blockage while helminths still adhere to the host. With the overuse of Ivermectins the resistance has risen. The amount needed for efficacy in poultry would have to be toxic to the birds themselves. Albendazole or Fenbendazole actually destroy the helminths such as Capillaria; a much more effective and safer alternative.

All we want Eradicator to understand is that his product is probably a great treatment for worms in dogs. But, it probably will not work as well for chickens. And should not even be used on small/tiny chicken breeds.
X2. Though there is no way I would use it on my dog without a blessing from a veterinarian. Sometime in the next week I have to take my cat in, so I'll take a copy of the ingredients and show them to my vet and see what he says about it.

-Kathy

1f440.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom