Would cooling eggs cause such a delay in hatching?

Might be the last little hatchling though I have one hopeful egg left in the incubator. It is hard to tell on this one. It is either way far behind the other or not alive. I will keep it warm until my quail eggs hatch and Im ready to turn off the incubator. That will be in about one week and a half which is plenty of extra time based on the development I can see inside the egg.

Lobzi, how are the chicks doing? Last night was my chicks first night alone & Mama Silkie was back out in the coop with the other "girls." They were QUITE vocal! I went to bed at 10pm & they were still going strong. Very quiet, this morning-probably all worn out!
1f601.png

Thanks for asking. Mama is out in the yard with her five successes. It is truly amazing that any of the eggs hatched. Im so glad though. Mama is pretty friendly toward me handling the chicks and for the most part the babies are calm when I touch and hold them. All is very good so far. Ill snap a pic when she gets off them. Cool and rainy day here so they are not very active right now. Mama is just glad to finally get off that nest. Today is her first day in a very long time!

Back
Top Bottom