WV MD PA VA Chickenstock TSC Sat. April 23,2011

Orpygirl, I would put a $10 tag on that thing and I bet it would sell
lol.png

I haven't heard of any LF whites... sorry

Argh...
hmm.png
showers and thunderstorms... I feel like I've seen this movie before. Well, we have two options

1. we make a decision NOW and post our rain date like crazy!! craigslist, flyers, emails, etc. and hope we don't come across this problem next weekend

2. we make ourselves as comfortable as possible and bring canopies, picnic table umbrellas or whatever to help keep us dry. I can borrow two other canopies and, when you put them all together, we can make sort of a dry zone... If we search friends and family and gather as many as possible and I post this on craigslist for everyone to bring them, then we can create SUPER RAIN RESISTANT CHICKENSTOCK

sad.png

oh my or we can just hope that it changes from now til then... but, the whole next week looks nasty... maybe it will just be overcast. I can deal with anything as long as it's not cold and windy but, I wonder if customers would still come

Well, after some serious number crunching, it looks like I won't be able to get chickens this year. My coop is going to be a bit too expensive to build in a month when the little peeps get to the size where they'll need it. I'll keep a fund going for a coop though, and hopefully next chickenstock I'll be able to get some!

Plus, we just got some sheep... and a dog squeezed under our fence and chased one out. I think that's enough stress for us right now. We're still trying to find her.

If anyone's in Hedgesville near Locust Grove and Jones Spring West roads, keep an eye out for a dark chocolate brown and white sheep, about 20 inches tall at the withers, and only about 40-50 lbs. She has a couple tiny horn nubs starting to grow in.

I might just show up at the chickenstock to meet some of you guys anyway.
smile.png

Quote:
I think we are rain or shine.

Quote:
I agree, it is legal? I don't know if they are considered "wildlife"

Quote:
I am raising some Blue, Black, and Splash large fowl cochins but I need to increase the numbers before I offer any for sale. If you cannot find anything you like at the chickenstock (although I am certain you will fall in love at least 3 times)...contact Tom Roebuck. He has the best around. PM me for information.

Quote:
I already have two buyers from Harrisonburg, VA and one from Chambersburg, PA meeting me there. I wanted them to experience the SWAP fever and become return customers.
tongue.png

I also have a canopy and can will happily share any space I have available.

Quote:
I hope you come out and play with us. It is such a good time. I have a coworker that lives in the area. Her and her hubby will keep their eyes peeled.

They keep changing the weather so I hope it changes again.
I will have a 18 ft trail that if anyone wants to run a tarp from for cover .
Rain or shine.
I need to get these 100 chicks out of my house !
I like Tammy Have buyers meeting me there.

Ok.. It's a go! Im bringing my canopy and I"ll bring a tarp to connect to someone else's canopy so a third person can have a dry place.

I hope it clears out a bit.. even if it drizzles then clears, drizzles then clears... Id be supre happy with that.

Now they ate saying thunderstorms for sat. at 60% chance.
So hopefully it will be after the swap!
fl.gif

I will have 4 Wishard Bronze Turkey pults for sale too.
Can remember if I posted them or not.
I might have some partridge Wyandotte chicks LF too if not sold already.
There will be blue rock chicks from Halo too.
Some more ee's.
Trio of button quail $15 for all three and their 2 dens they lay in.
Sorry cage will not be for sale.

Last edited:
Yes, for those who do not have canopies, try to bring a tarp and some tie-down string. Those of us who have canopies and shelters will gladly let you tie off of ours.

Well, let's hope Lou Scally, weather man extraordinaire, is wrong (again!). I don't even know if I need anything other than a real cheap chicken tractor, but I want to come down and see everything and meet everybody. Do we were a BYC badge or something?
tongue.png

Scott

Sorry I'm late adding my list for the Chickenstock. Keep selling out. lol
Here is what I'll be bringing for sure.

Started chicks:

Trio of LF Buff Orphingtons - 2 month old
1 - just hatched
4 LF Speckled Sussex - 1 month
3 LF Barred Rock - 1 month
2 - 1 week
4 LF EE chicks - 1 month - blue eggs
4 LF OE chicks - 2 month - green eggs
1 LF Black Ostralorp - 1 month
3 - week old chicks
3 - just hatched
6 LF Coronation Sussex + Light Sussex Split chicks - 1 month
1 Pair Sultan Bantam chicks - 1 month
1 LF Red SexLink pullet- 1 month
2 LF Welsummer - 1 month
8 Silkie chicks - 3 weeks - BBS & some could be Lavenders
2 Silkie chicks - 1 week
1 Cochin Bantams - 3 weeks
4 RIR chicks - just hatched
More chicks hatching in the next few days.

1 mated pair of Guinea (White hen and Pearl cock (Pearl's parents were Violet).
Can throw in a few of their eggs or other color too.)

A friend is bringing 10 Pearl Guinea adults,
4 Gold Laced Wyandottes, (3 hens + 1 roo, Foley Farm birds, NICE)
and some Mille Fluer Cochin Bantams.

Some cute crested mix chicks.
2 Sulkies - Sultan x Silkie - so cute!

Eggs: (will sell or trade 6 or 12) pm me please.

Olive Egger
Buff Orphington
Light Brahma

Iris & Daylilies The fancy ones from breeders. I have over 50 colors
of Iris and over 25 Daylily. Will bring a nice mix.

If it is raining and nasty, I'm leaving my baby chicks at home and
people can come there to pick them up or we'll run home and
grab them. Only a few miles and much less stress on the chicks
than setting there for hours.

We are bringing a van and a tent. Happy to share too. Will bring tie-downs and tables, tarps, etc. Gonna be FUN!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom