Wyoming Unite!!!!

Thanks, Debby. Probably won’t hit the Proud Cut this trip since my soup is so salty. <sigh> But I’m about out of everything from paper towels to canned goods. Oh, wait....no more canned goods, either. No tomatoes, no canned veggies (but I prefer fresh or frozen anyway) no quick soups.....man, this is like grocery shopping for Linda!!

It can be tricky getting used to a new way of eating, but you'll get there!

Eight eggs today. Three white and five blue. At least half of the hens are now laying.

It was -2°F last night but the sun came out this afternoon and the wind quit blowing. I took care of my last extra turkey in the sunshine. It was 24°F at the time but with the sun shining and no wind blowing, it was quite pleasant out. He is in the kitchen bathing in salt water now.

It even hit 94°F in the greenhouse.

We actually ended up with a bit of sun this afternoon too, it was nice to see :)

What all do you have growing in your greenhouse Bob?
Nothing in the greenhouse at this time. I am waiting for a warm enough day to be able to move the tomato plant out there. Small stuff, I can just pass through the bedroom window but the tomato plant is now 5' tall and needs to go outside to get to the greenhouse.

I have a Gold Nugget tomato with ripe tomatoes, a couple of bell pepper plants with at least a dozen peppers on them, cauliflower, cabbage, lettuce, a couple of jalapeno pepper seedlings and a different tomato seedling in the living room at this time. I need to move the tomato plant because I cannot see the TV through it.

Nothing in the greenhouse at this time. I am waiting for a warm enough day to be able to move the tomato plant out there. Small stuff, I can just pass through the bedroom window but the tomato plant is now 5' tall and needs to go outside to get to the greenhouse.

I have a Gold Nugget tomato with ripe tomatoes, a couple of bell pepper plants with at least a dozen peppers on them, cauliflower, cabbage, lettuce, a couple of jalapeno pepper seedlings and a different tomato seedling in the living room at this time. I need to move the tomato plant because I cannot see the TV through it.

You have a nice mix of vegetables started! Tell that tomato plant "down in front" :lol:

My pullets have kicked into high gear too! There hasn't been a day since a week ago Monday that I haven't had at least 4 eggs....some tan, one girl lays white, some light pinkish tan, some blue, one dark brown speckled, and today an egg that looks like it came from a Marans, which I don't even have! The stoopid doctors picked a fine time to tell me I can't eat egg yolks. Last night I blew that advice off and made me a 6 egg omelet! Hey, don't judge - they're pullet eggs! Takes two to make one!

I took care of my last extra turkey in the sunshine. It was 24°F at the time but with the sun shining and no wind blowing, it was quite pleasant out. He is in the kitchen bathing in salt water now.
The turkey dressed out at 14 lbs. 2 oz. at 6 1/2 months old. He is in the refrigerator now.

Back
Top Bottom