Ya know, This is the price I pay...

I totally understand your extreme frustration at having water dripping from your ceilling. Argh!

I'm with JMajors on this.... I laughed out loud and "relived" memories of some of the more damaging things my kids have done.

We have several friends who lost their young children to tragic accidents years ago. They would give everything to have those little ones back and being the cause of 2" of water on the floor!

I keep that in mind every time one of my eight kids has destroyed something around here. Doesn't mean they don't get discipline... it just helps me always keep things in perspective.

those are some funny stories!
about a year ago, i was at home, nothing special going on..when i heard a knock at the door..it was a policeman! he said "maam, are those your kids on your roof?" and i said what kids?? turned around and there sat my 2 younger boys, surrounded with their dump trucks, on top of the house, when they were supposed to be at a friends house!

This thread just reminded me that I get to go thru all of this again.....

I'm expecting my 3rd and last child in May. My older 2 are 13 and 9......what was I thinking??? LOL!!

It does always seem that the boys tend to do more damage than the girls.....I certainly noticed this with my 2.....Even knowing that, I want this one to be a boy.....go figure huh? LOL!

My dad said when he was a kid in Minneapolis, he and his brother would take turns jumping off the garage roof. It's no wonder their dear mother turned white-haired before 40.

one day my older son had a couple friends over, i went to the store a mile away, came back to water in my bathroom, the hall, under the washer and dryer and leaking int o the basement (its a double wide, thank god or it would have gone into the other bedroom) and into my room under the adjoining wall. I know what you mean 5 towles, all the clean laundry and what ever else I could fine. Luckily I had just borrowed my grams shop vac but it ruined a chair in the basement under the leak. And they were 17 :thun someone overflowed the toilet

Sounds like something my 2 step sons would do and their 32 and 28. You would swear they were still toddlers. Here's a perfect example for you. 6 months ago their mom was staying the night at one of their houses and they thougth that it would be funny to light a firecracker next to her head at 3am to scare to poop out of her. Needless to say I hate the woman and even I wouldn' t do that to her. It woke her up for sure. She left the house immediately honking her car horn through the whole neighborhood as she left. Why are boys so much more obnoxious than girls most of the time. Okay the weird thing about me asking that is that my girls are way more obnoxious than my son though. Hmmmm?

I've been trying to potty train my 2 1/2 year old. A couple weeks ago I was doing some laundry and came back into the play room. He showed me his dirty hands, and it took a few minutes to realize what it was. POOP! He had taken off his underware, pooped on the floor, and was using a tractor with a bucket to load "manure" into a little dump truck. It was everywhere all over the carpet, stuck in every crevice of the toys and all over him. I was furious! Now I laugh about it, but at the time I thought why can't I have some sweet little girls
smile.png
lol.png

Last edited:
These stories are hilarious!
lol.png

I'm not a Mom...God bless those of you that are! I do however have nephews and a neice. When my two oldest nephews were about 2 & 3, and my brother and his kids were staying with me. We'd put a bunkbed for the kids in my office....I sometimes worked from home back then. Well, one day I came home to a TOTALLY WHITE ROOM. I'm not kidding. EVERYTHING WAS WHITE.
ep.gif

They had found a container of baby powder, and sat on the top bed squeezing and shaking the powder, creating their own little snowstorm.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom