Yeah...I think I'm funny.

Quote:
I hope youre right.

My (unfortunatley long), experience with lawyers has led me to this conclusion- However long they say it will take, Double it, However much they say it will cost-Triple it. Then you MIGHT be close to what the reality ends up being. I always remember, it is NOT in the lawyers best interest to finish your case (or anyones, for that matter) because then they stop being able to bill you.

Yeah...I mean, it's already been since Oct. '09 since it was filed and yeah the bills are adding up but she also just talked to me about the very likely hood that I will have to file bankruptsy. She knows I have a heart condition and have not been able to work and have no resources. She's got plenty of other clients. Plus then I'll have to make a will and such since I've been hospitalized often and need to get my affairs in order to just be prepared in the unthinkable were to happen so my girls can be properly taken care of financially...meaning I will have to give someone I trust my trust so my x doesn't get to it but it's alloted for my girls needs.

Quote:
ouch...I laughed and it made me cough...I think I got some flem on that one.

lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif

Now now boys...let's not get carried away. Just pray for another deployment perhaps.

Quote:
I hope youre right.

My (unfortunatley long), experience with lawyers has led me to this conclusion- However long they say it will take, Double it, However much they say it will cost-Triple it. Then you MIGHT be close to what the reality ends up being. I always remember, it is NOT in the lawyers best interest to finish your case (or anyones, for that matter) because then they stop being able to bill you.

Yeah...I mean, it's already been since Oct. '09 since it was filed and yeah the bills are adding up but she also just talked to me about the very likely hood that I will have to file bankruptsy. She knows I have a heart condition and have not been able to work and have no resources. She's got plenty of other clients. Plus then I'll have to make a will and such since I've been hospitalized often and need to get my affairs in order to just be prepared in the unthinkable were to happen so my girls can be properly taken care of financially...meaning I will have to give someone I trust my trust so my x doesn't get to it but it's alloted for my girls needs.

Just so ya dont think I'm talking out my butt here... Not only have my hubby and been dealing with lawyers for the past 11 years, his daughter (my step D) is only a year away from graduating law school, so I'm just full to the brim with legal-eaze.

For your girls- should the unthinkable happen, it may be wise choice for you to use the sevices of a Conservator. They do take a small stipend for handeling the $ (you can negotiate the cost), but they are very well regulated and your girls will be taken care of by someone who has to answer to them AND the law at all times.

You may also want to place anything the girls are entitilted to into an Irrevocable trust- then if there are any outstanding bills to the attorney or anyone else for that matter, NO one can touch anything youve placed into that trust but the girls. I personally wouldnt tell my attorney I was doing that though, they tend to get upset if they think they might not get everything they think they should. I would use a different attorney to set up my trust. And there is nothing wrong or illeagal with doing that.

I wonder if he has to be there? He's in the army 1000 miles away, after all. I hope he doesn't have to be there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom