Yellow/Gold laced Cockerel photo anyone?

Helen in the Desert

Songster
11 Years
Jul 27, 2011
Palm Springs
Polish/Wyandotte/Seabrite peeps? Does any one have an actual photo or a link to one of what the cockerel or rooster looks like on a Golden Laced X Silver Laced cross? I made this cross and was hoping for some ability to sex the chicks fairly early. I have crossed both directions, so my main issue is with the chicks coming out of the gold rooster since his girls will be golden laced. Was wondering if there really is a marked difference in the color of Yellow/Gold vs regular Gold.

Thanks

Polish/Wyandotte/Seabrite peeps? Does any one have an actual photo or a link to one of what the cockerel or rooster looks like on a Golden Laced X Silver Laced cross? I made this cross and was hoping for some ability to sex the chicks fairly early. I have crossed both directions, so my main issue is with the chicks coming out of the gold rooster since his girls will be golden laced. Was wondering if there really is a marked difference in the color of Yellow/Gold vs regular Gold.

Thanks

I posted a Pic of such a cross a while back, I will try to find my post and place the pic here..

the cross of golden laced wyandotte rooster to a Silver laced wyandotte hen will produce golden laced wyandotte hens..

now to the roosters, the Roosters will be S/s+ genetically called golden, as in golden duckwing OEG for example when a black breasted Red is cross with a silver duckwing hen.... Ok so how does a genetically golden laced wyandotte rooster look like? first at hatch they will look like how Silver laced chicks should look like, they will look like silver laced cockerels with some straw colored pyle zone feathers coming as he mature(saddle feathers, hackle feathers, shoulders) the color will be of a lemon/yellow tone.. the rest of the body will look silver(Breast, undercolor, wing triangle) not much different from other golden columbian sex linked rooster I've seen in the past

Last edited:
not what I've posted but will help you alot..

Originally Posted by azelgin

U thought I'd post a picture of one of my cockerels from the GLW rooster X SLW hen all grown up. He ended up being larger and having better confirmation that either parent.

5831_dscf0470.jpg

source: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/219083/golden-laced-and-silver-laced-wyandotte

Last edited:
this is the thread I opened for breeders like you that crossed SLW males over GLW females and how the males of such cross would look like, this also applies to the GLW male cross to SLW hens male offsprings

Originally Posted by nicalandia

for any of you who always wanted to know how would a Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster mated to a Golden Laced Wyandotte hen male progeny will look like..

here is the link(cant post pics at the moment)

scroll to the middle of the page
http://www.furryfriendsrus.com/poultry.htm under the pic it states. "He is out of a golden hen and silver rooster, so he will throw golds with my golden hens"

source https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/751495/slw-x-glw-cross-males-how-do-they-look-like

Back
Top Bottom