YO GEORGIANS! :)

Need bantam eggs!!!! anyone have any?

Who was the one who had them at the BBQ? They had SOS on them......Shades of Sable!

Yup, those were mine! BUT the mothers are all broody right now so I am totally out of bantam mix eggs. Plus, my roo is the son of Beau, so a small fowl he is not!

Some of those smaller eggs might be young chickens, too, not bantams. I still have about a half dozen gals that are laying small eggs when they should eventually lay larger ones.

me too girl!! I'm ready for some sunshine!! and for something to go my way for a change!:he:th

agree. I just had word that 2 of 3 silver laced polish bantams I sold died suddenly. I have been saying for months now that I truly believe that bunch of eggs I bought was cursed. It had to be something to do with the parent stock because so many were dead in shell. Of 4 that hatched, 3 lived. Now 2 of them are dead. It just drives me crazy because the person I bought from seemed so open and communicative...I just couldn't sell eggs in good conscience if I had such obvious flock problems. He even told me afterward that he had a very low hatch rate himself!!! :mad: I guess you live and learn. I've had wonderful success with hatching otherwise and no deaths. It just makes me sad. /end rant

agree. I just had word that 2 of 3 silver laced polish bantams I sold died suddenly. I have been saying for months now that I truly believe that bunch of eggs I bought was cursed. It had to be something to do with the parent stock because so many were dead in shell. Of 4 that hatched, 3 lived. Now 2 of them are dead. It just drives me crazy because the person I bought from seemed so open and communicative...I just couldn't sell eggs in good conscience if I had such obvious flock problems. He even told me afterward that he had a very low hatch rate himself!!! :mad: I guess you live and learn. I've had wonderful success with hatching otherwise and no deaths. It just makes me sad. /end rant

Yea quite sure that would have made me pretty mad myself. Hopefully withing the next few months Im going to start trying to hatch myself, but Im trying to get my girls new coop done, and making the existing coop sorta like a nursery...a brooder coop i guess. Im gonna seriously need ya'll's guidance then, im looking at all of the post on incubating and hatching now. My uncle made me a nice small pen for babies, and the existing coop id 10x10 so i can put my nice wooden table back in there for the incubators...I said i wasnt going to do any of that, but ya'll have me hooked! lol

Yea quite sure that would have made me pretty mad myself. Hopefully withing the next few months Im going to start trying to hatch myself, but Im trying to get my girls new coop done, and making the existing coop sorta like a nursery...a brooder coop i guess. Im gonna seriously need ya'll's guidance then, im looking at all of the post on incubating and hatching now. My uncle made me a nice small pen for babies, and the existing coop id 10x10 so i can put my nice wooden table back in there for the incubators...I said i wasnt going to do any of that, but ya'll have me hooked! lol

I cannot recommend these threads enough:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/hatching-eggs-101.64195/
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching.64660/

It's totally nerve-wracking sometimes but also a lot of fun. I take getting my "babies" to the finish line to heart, so losing them hurts a bit. I do try to do egg-topsies and have tried to read up about what it means when there are losses at different stages to understand cause.

Back
Top Bottom