YO GEORGIANS! :)

We got our meat back from the butcher and boy is it a lot! Our freezer is full.

So, Silver the silkie whom I did crop surgery on, has another blockage and I redid the surgery, clearing everything out. It's becoming apparent that she has a pendulous crop and will continue to get these problems without me putting something on her to support her crop. I'm going back and forth with myself if I should put her down. I really like her, but I want her to have a decent quality of life too. I made a support with vet wrap for now. I'm going to see if it empties tomorrow morning. If anyone wants to give an opinion of whether they think it's better to put down her or not, I'd like to hear it.

Thank you. I am looking for a couple of Coronation Sussex hens. I have a beautiful rooster that is very lonely. I haven't been able to find any close by.

Would also love to find a few peafowl eggs to hatch at school. I am a STEM teacher and we have hatched some of my orpinton eggs and quail eggs. We had a nest of deserted duck eggs donated but they were rather old. Trying to provide as many experiences as possible for the children.

Last edited:
FYI, 8 of the 26 chicks are Naked Necks. Some are definitely frizzled is anyone is interested. Also some non NNs are frizzles! Let me know!
I kinda do, but I'm thinking where I'd want to put her. I have a showgirl rooster and a frizzled Cochin rooster. I'm wondering what would happen with a showgirl and a frizzled nn, if it'd come out too bald.

Back
Top Bottom