YO GEORGIANS! :)

Thought you would enjoy some photos of some of my new babies. Born Fri/Sat!

Group shot

Cochins

Salmon Favorelles

Cochin mixes

Silver Laced Wyandottes
We had 18 out of 24 hatch. (Had an issue with warped air sacs = postal service) But, all in all, a great hatch. I am very happy today!

i helped raise chickens when i was growing up...only they were not like the ones i have now. I think mostly what we had were broilers that my step dad wanted to help with in order to get extra meat. My chicks have all been vaccinated for Coccidosis, and Marek's disease. I have to give them unmedicated or it nullifies the vaccine. I did not know about the feathering, as the others are doing awesome! Just wondering about the mealworms...I was told by the hatchery to start at 95 and lower it 5 every week. That is what I will be doing today. They are sooooo pretty!!

I'm so happy...finally have a broody hen!!! 1 of my Barred Rocks and I gave her yesterdays eggs to go ahead and sit on, hopefully I'll have babies in 21 days. Fixed her a special nest up with her eggs and she has stayed on them for the last 24 hours. Keeping my fingers crossed! I love the crooning and clucking a broody hen makes, brings back a lot of childhood memories.

Back
Top Bottom