YO GEORGIANS! :)

Oh, and Rocky, I still have the sweet little Crested Cream Legbar we swapped last summer, too. She lays really nice blue eggs of course! How are the Welsummers? I would still be interested in some of your Welsummer/Legbar eggs for hatching if you have any yet!

:celebrate :ya :weee :yiipchick :yesss: :clap :D :thumbsup

Guess who just found a local source for Pilgrim geese, turkeys, chickens, guineas, and pea fowl?   Go ahead guess.  You will NEVER get it.  I'll give you a hint.... ME!!   I responded to a Craig's List ad and now we're going shopping.... later peeps!!!

Awesome! Have fun! :D

My chicks came into today at the local feed store. 2 RIR, 2 New Hampshires, 2 Araucanas, 2 Barred Rocks, 1 Black Jersey Giant and 1 Buff Orpington. Getting more at their next shipment in.

@jdduck that would explain why my brinsea was a little over $100 with shipping and now looking at the price it's like $300, bought it in december.

@flower yes that chick did come from a brown egg and now that makes 2 browns and one green have hatched. and your going to be mad at me but I get the chicks out as soon as they dry and put them in the brooder box. I think I'm going to have to pass on the eggs, This lady sent home 7 bannie eggs for me so the box will be in use as soon as these get done and I get it all cleaned up

here's another one from a brown egg

Hatch update:

Still just the two olives out. The third Olive had made a bloody side-pip earlier and I saw no movement. I figured it was dead. However now it's zipping so guess it was just recovering. :)

Brahmas: NOTHING. :( Ugh!!! :barnie

Last edited:
Thanks, the cochin is out but so is another baby and they are drying and I have no idea which one the cochin is now, and I really wanted to see that one, she did it on purpose jumping out of her shell when I wasn't looking, what do cochin babies look like?

Hatch update:

Still just the two olives out. The third Olive had made a bloody side-pip earlier and I saw no movement. I figured it was dead. However now it's zipping so guess it was just recovering.
smile.png

Brahmas: NOTHING.
sad.png
Ugh!!!
barnie.gif
carcar when I'm not sure of an egg I put it to my ear and tap on it and listen closely you can hear the chick peep but then that doesn't always mean it's dead just makes you feel better if you can hear them.

Loving all the cute baby pics being posted! Sorry your Brahma chicks are.being stubborn, carcar! Hopefully they'll come out soon!

Back
Top Bottom