YO GEORGIANS! :)

I told everyone I was in the process of building my coop. Between work, EXTREMELY hot afternoons, and a one year old, things are a little slow going. We finally finished the coop, other than the nesting boxes. The nesting boxes and run are next on the list.

This was the early stages

We used the old hog panels for ground digging protection.

This is the back with the "clean out" door. My Grandaddy told me this was how my Great Grandaddy had his built, so we did it that way.

View from the front, before adding the front boards. You can see the holes on the side for the nesting boxes.

Here it is with the door to the run and front completed.

All of my wood, other than the 4x4s are rough cut boards that my mother's dad cut to build a shed and never got to before he died. I am not finished sealing the wood, adding in a roost, the nesting boxes, and the run. There will be a door in the run to allow full access.
I also thought about adding outdoor roost under the coop as well. Any thoughts?

YAY!!! It's looking really good! Mine took forever too! Life gets in the way quite often, doesn't it? Technically, mine still has a couple of small tweaks needed, and the run isn't finished. I'm not as concerned about the run right now, though. The other chicks aren't big enough to start the meet & greet process and it's about 5-10 degrees cooler inside the coop. Since it's just the 4 of them and it's built for 8, they've got plenty of space and I hang with them in the cool parts of the day & let them roam in their extended space.
big_smile.png

How often do chicken lay 2 eggs in one day? I only have 2 White Leghorns but some days I get three white eggs. One of these eggs is usually smaller and more creamy colored but still has almost the same size yoke. Do chickens really lay an oops egg up to three times a week? Thanks-

How often do chicken lay 2 eggs in one day? I only have 2 White Leghorns but some days I get three white eggs. One of these eggs is usually smaller and more creamy colored but still has almost the same size yoke. Do chickens really lay an oops egg up to three times a week?  Thanks-
One of my Brahma hens took to double-laying for a week or two. She did it several times, fully debunking my opinion that folks who claimed to have double-layers were a bit touched.. :gig

Back
Top Bottom