YO GEORGIANS! :)

Hey everyone!! Long time, I know! Life has been crazy this year.

Anyone have any hatching eggs? Lost quite a few chickens this year to a sneaky predator in my tree line. All my broody girls and a few of my pure bred and awesome layers are gone. :( Need to get some hatched so they are laying by spring. Willing to pay. I live in the CSRA but would be willing to meet and/or pay for shipping.

Tell me what you have available. Thanks in advance!

I want to know how long did it take you to dig out of the sand

What kind of Tom is she looking for? I have a neighbor who raises turkeys but I will have to ask him what kind he has again.

Yep had some here but they ended up with lead poison
Dig out of the sand?

Hey everyone!! Long time, I know! Life has been crazy this year.

Anyone have any hatching eggs? Lost quite a few chickens this year to a sneaky predator in my tree line. All my broody girls and a few of my pure bred and awesome layers are gone. :( Need to get some hatched so they are laying by spring. Willing to pay. I live in the CSRA but would be willing to meet and/or pay for shipping.

Tell me what you have available. Thanks in advance![/quot

What is the CSRA area?

@Flowerbh CSRA is the Augusta, Evans, Appling(not Appling county), Harlem area. County wise, Columbia, Richmond, Burke, Mcduffie areas.

I think it stands for Central Savannah River Area.

I want to know how long did it take you to dig out of the sand

What kind of Tom is she looking for?  I have a neighbor who raises turkeys but I will have to ask him what kind he has again.

Yep had some here but they ended up with lead poison 

Dig out of the sand?

Aren't you buried in sand in your avatar picture?

yes did it today. went out to see how the seating was on the roost, 3 of the new girls, then an ameraucana, then the 2 aussie, then the other two new girls then the rest of them.

I did see a little bit of 'pecking order establishment' going on today, but that's to be expected. Got three eggs from the new girls, being a bit older than mine, theirs are a bit bigger so easy to tell. At least until my girl lays one of her 'oh my she needs and epidural' eggs.....
gig.gif

also moved the babies from the brooder to the divided section of the coop and run. They sure did enjoy having enough room to run and stretch those wings! Had to physically put them in the coop after dark, but I did expect to have to.

on another note, last week I noticed a couple of my hens pecking the back of the rooster. While I was in the coop checking on them all, I got him down, much to his dislike, and checked him out. He has a pretty good sized bare spot in the middle of his back right in front of his tail! Is there something I can put on him to make them stop, or is there something I SHOULD be putting on the bare spot to protect him? apparently I just THOUGHT I knew what 'henpecked' meant, now I'm seeing it first hand. He makes NO effort to try to make them stop

I would put Nu Stock on the roo. It smells bad (sulphur) and might stop them but at least it will protect his skin.

Back
Top Bottom