Yokohamas & Malays

LinckHillPoultry

Songster
12 Years
Jan 17, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hello again.
big_smile.png
I am looking into purchasing some Yokohamas & Malays. My question is who on here has had experience with these birds? What is their temperment like? Can they get along well with other birds? Does anyone have pics? Thx

Have had yokohamas, now only crosses from them. My rooster was pretty weak and useless. Very pretty, but weak. He died of a cold. In warm weather.
But the hen was fine, still is. I have raised some chicks from her.
THey have pretty good temperaments. Not too picky with pen-mates.

Maylays I know nothing much about...

ohhh HOW EXCITING!!
I've been waiting like a year lol, I wanted to have a friend to talk to about chickens like mine
big_smile.png

Go see my page there is a little info. on them.

Well let me tell you that it has been below zero degrees F
this past week. (like -40 with wind chill) I have had no problems ...... they stay in the coop most of the day though LOL, I don't blame them....I have been in the house most the time this week also!

If i want to hang out with them, like in summer.......read a book in the shade etc. my polish hens will walk up and sit on my leg.
My yoko ladies will come and sit next to me, walk up to me etc. but they are not quite as friendly it seems.........could of course just be my birds though. ..............
I just love them to bits
love.gif

We got first place at the county fair!
bun.gif
*1st animal show ever, brag*
They never have picked as many quarrels as the other roosters I've had. I will just say that they are great birds.

So where you getting yours?
Make sure you send pictures to me
cool.png

thanks dragon. I'm looking to get some from ideal. I want to get yokohamas, malays, & orloffs. Never found a hatchery that sold all of them! So very excited and hoping to get them.

hey did you order from Ideal? and if you did did the malays fit their breed characteristics or were they crosses?

I advise against ordering malay from commercial hatcheries. On a whim, I ordered malay from Ideal. They were small, weak birds, and didn't even really look like malay. Anytime you're looking to purchase oriental fowl, always look for photos of real birds unless you are dealing with a well known and respected breeder.

hello,

after several bad egg orders from ebay, i have decided to seek malay eggs somewhere else. anyone with any knowledge of a reputable breeder near VA please reply!!!!!!

Where are you in VA? I have several young Malay and may have a BB RED Malay rooster I would sale. He is about 1 year old. I have his sister and mother, so really don't need him for my breeding program. May be able to put a young pullet with him, if interested. I'm about 10 minutes from the Bristol Motor Speedway.

Back
Top Bottom