You know you are "Country" when...

On that note, @TBirdsTheWord33, you know you're a country girl when you've been: Bit, kicked, stomped, bucked off, rolled over, drug through mud, trees, and water; spat, sneezed, and coughed on; smashed in gates, cattle chutes, trailer doors, and between bodies; thrown into fences, drug through the fairgrounds by an ornery ram, thrown off in front of hundreds of spectators; misfired and self vaccinated, fell in the sheep dip tank, stood in a wool bag and stomped poopy wool; jumped from said wool bags into what you assumed was another bag but it was concrete, fell off numerous haystacks, trees, barns, and the house..... Not a single broken bone :D
My goodness, it's a miracle you're alive! You should write a children's book called "The Misadventures of Shortgrass." Every country kid would own a copy and you'd be rolling in the dough (and cow pies, poopy wool, etc.)!
So, I've read thru this thread & I see you all have seen the photos hubby got of me in my crocks and pjs! :/ Sorry about that.... In my defense, I did not know he set up the hunting camera there! Not my fault. You know you are country when people no longer ask about your welfare, nor the welfare of your family. They just ask:
" HOW'S THE CHICKENS???"

:cd :jumpy
Oh, that is SO true! It seems our family has become synonymous with chickens. It's all about them now. They're fluffy and cute. We're big and ugly.

When you start to understand what your chickens are saying to you....by then it's too late. You are "country". You might be country (with apologies to Jeff Foxworthy) if:

1. If your chicken coop has more comfort features than your house....you might be country.
2. If you see a big buck in your front yard and you reach for the rifle instead of your cell phone camera...you might be country.
3. If your firewood pile poses a hazard to low flying aircraft....you might be country.
4. If you spend more per month on livestock feed than you do on Netflix...you might be country.
5. If you wife appreciates the flannel pajamas you got her for Christmas more than the box of chocolates...you might be country.
6. If you miss a day in church and your fellow parishioners ask your attending spouse if you are okay....you might be country.
7. If you don't have at least one garage freezer and refrigerator, you might NOT be country.
8. If you find no eggs in the layer box and scold your chickens for being slackers....you might be country.
9. If you have a spouse that doesn't give you grief when you come into the house on a day when it's storming, but the animals need tending to, and you track mud all over the kitchen floor...you might be country...but at least know where the mop is, that helps defuse the situation.
10. If a flannel jacket is your idea of dressing up....you ARE country.
11. If all your hats have ear flaps...you might be country.
12. If your wife sends you out to get some meat for dinner, and you grab your rifle instead of your wallet...you might be country.
13. If you come back empty handed (see #12 above), and end up at Denny's for senior special dinner...you might be OLD country.

Quote:
This .. We used to not HAVE a house key .. and I never took my truck key out of my truck .. LOL.. loved it.

LOL Yeah, when you don't have to have a toilet to pee and you would actually rather go potty outside than inside.

You will bathe in a creek/river.

You never ever lock your house.

When your dh shoots his gun to get your attention on the property.

When you are inside a store or public place and your dh whistles the 'hunters call' to you to locate you every time.

When you will go outside to do something totally in the nude.

When your dh makes you jewelry out of horse hair and vines.

When you drink milk straight from the udder.

When folks talk about a blackberry you think it is the fruit instead of a electronic device.

Oh, if I had the time LOL Let's just say...If you are ME, you are the hard core meaning of Counttttrrrryyyy LOL

When you're late for work because it's tobacco priming season and you got stuck behind the wagon and tractor.

You bring a cowbell to the Friday night football game.

You buy peanuts and a Coke (in a glass bottle) at the gas/grocery/bait and tackle store at the crossroads and everyone knows where those peanuts are going.

You have your own table at the Grill and the waitress knows you'll have 'the usual'.

Everyone files out of the Wilton Grill during breakfast to admire the nice buck in the back of Junior's pickup.

Junior, BTW, is not because he was named after his daddy. 'Junior' is his first name on the birth certificate.

You also know a Butch, Cletus, Dorcus and Jetter.

You have various trucks and tractors around 'for parts'.

Even thought you're sick and feel like hammered dog poo, you go out to the coop to check the nest 'cause you just know one of your hens is going to lay her first egg. And it paid off
wee.gif

you know you're country when.....

you used to not have to lock the house until the neighbors son decided to become a crackhead and steals the other neighbors tractor, drives it thru the fence out the back 40, rams into rocks, gets out, runs, steals another neighbors truck, takes the cops on a 3 county 100 mph car chase, totals truck, runs, gets eaten up by K9's, winds up in hospital then prison.

Now have sign posted at fence:
Tresspassers will be shot- Survivors will be shot again!
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom