You know you love your chickens when...

I will!
big_smile.png
lau.gif
Yes, you would! You get the whole chicken-and-ducks-are-awesome thing! It's a good character trait!!!

Good idea! That's the second-best thing to do with leftovers at the restaurant; the best thing is to bring in the chickens themselves and let them clean up the leftovers! Can't you imagine the little hen-waitresses coming out and clearing the table?
If I open a restaurant, no one will come!!! :lol:  

I will! :D

I'd come too! I've always hated seeing wasted food. Now with chickens, I hate it even more! Chickens can make a great cleanup crew!!

AND just imagine how cute they'd be wearing their chicken diapers and waitressing aprons!!

Last edited:
I'd come too! I've always hated seeing wasted food. Now with chickens, I hate it even more! Chickens can make a great cleanup crew!!

AND just imagine how cute they'd be wearing their chicken diapers and waitressing aprons!!

Uhm...they didn't wear diapers and aprons but last Thanksgiving we ate outside because the weather was so beautiful and we let the chickens mill around for the "pilgrim feel" My wife's mom got a kick out of feeding the chickens turkey bits.

We had debate last night about giving turkey to the girls and decided not to. It felt like we would be feeding them their cousin. Now beef or pork, that's different. :lol:

Last edited:

Don't forget the little notepad! There should be a chain of restaurants for chicken lovers. You could bring them in and they share a meal with you!

Uhm...they didn't wear diapers and aprons but last Thanksgiving we ate outside because the weather was so beautiful and we let the chickens mill around for the "pilgrim feel" My wife's mom got a kick out of feeding the chickens turkey bits.
Haha Thanksgiving cleanup crew! Mine would probably jump up on the table and let me know that, around here, we share our food! I should make pilgrim outfits for at least a few of my hens this Thanksgiving. Now, granted, I probably couldn't get it on them, but wouldn't that be cute? I hate sewing, though, so there goes that idea! I guess I could make bonnets, though. And the rooster could wear a top hat
lau.gif

We had debate last night about giving turkey to the girls and decided not to. It felt like we would be feeding them their cousin. Now beef or pork, that's different.
lol.png
I don't feed mine turkey, either, or any other kind of bird for that matter. It's just not right! The dog can have that. The rest of the leftovers he'll have to fight eleven determined chickens for!

Haha Thanksgiving cleanup crew! Mine would probably jump up on the table and let me know that, around here, we share our food! I should make pilgrim outfits for at least a few of my hens this Thanksgiving. Now, granted, I probably couldn't get it on them, but wouldn't that be cute? I hate sewing, though, so there goes that idea! I guess I could make bonnets, though. And the rooster could wear a top hat:lau  

I bet someone has made hen saddles in a pilgrim style though! I may have to do a search before November...

I bet someone has made hen saddles in a pilgrim style though! I may have to do a search before November...
That's a good idea! I should do that for my hen that needs to grow back her feathers on her back. The rooster is pretty good with his hens, but for some reason, her feathers aren't coming back there. I may have to change her diet.
Now I'll just have to teach her to carry a little basket around!

Hahaha! She looks like she's having a great time! We cant usually eat outside because our birds will literally jump up into your plate. A couple times a year we let the kids camp in the backyard & we have to put up a mesh tent so they can eat without being attacked. It drives 'The Girls' crazy that they cant get in there & they spend the entire meal circling around the tent looking for a way in -- If we didn't love them so much, it might be a little freaky!

Back
Top Bottom