You Know You Love Your Ducks WHEN

OR when they cuddle up next to the fireplace on a cold winters day!
77028_fire_sit.jpg

When you purposely built the pen to extend all the way to the kitchen window so that when ever any one has any leftover food it can just go straight out to them and save the trouble. When they hear the window open they come running even from the pool.

When you "accidentally" leave the gate open so that the ducks can have free run of the yard and eat all the grass they want.

You know your neighbors love your ducks when they ask you "Why didn't I see the ducks today? My daughters have been asking." And wghen they make special trips to the mailbox just to come and visit the ducks and give them treats. When they bring a special bag of "ducky treats" from their house.

I'm training the next generation of duck lovers over hear. It makes me happy that the neighbors love my ducks as well. They are 3 and 5 year old girls and they love my ducks, chickens, and sheep. Mostly the ducks, though.
wink.png

I dooo alllllll the above!! Plus my neighbours are always out in the garden looking over the fence at my ducks!!!
My addition to this is:
When you clean out their hut religiously and then don't have time to clean your own house lol! When neighbours come round I always have to apologise for how messy my house is but I always say, you should see the duck hut though, it's pristine lol!

I hope you guys dont mind if I revive this thread...

You know you love your duck when you tell your life long friend that your single, rescued duck is lonely & that you're making plans to drive 7 hours up to Metzers to get her a couple companions, and when she heartlessly suggests giving the duck away instead of doing a 14hr drive, you SERIOUSLY consider dropping your 40+yr friendship.

.......When you call them Burdlets and build elaborate housing when there is a nasty bug swarm in full force just then so your babies aren't crowded.
-Banti

Back
Top Bottom