You might be a crazy chicken lady/gent if...Go on, post yours!

when you are seriously wanting to make stained glass chicken windows for every window in your garage and on the garage door windows too! and paint the door in a chicken motif to match!
(anyone already do this i would LOVE to see your pics!)

when your mother is the collector of maintenance free rooster statues and you're the collector of the real things! you help to feed her need to add more by letting her see yours so she doesn't spend any more money on ebay (my father's going to CLUCK if another one comes by UPS/FedEx anytime soon!)

When you spend a ridiculous sum of money to have a fence built from the coop to the side of the house/rose garden so the hens will have an area to free range since the back yard is now off limits. The fence guys thought I was CRAZY to be creating such a fancy chicken run (but were happy for the business).

We are a crazy chicken couple because...

the most exciting moment of our day is betting on the order the chickens will run out of the coop. (I say Halle first, then Olivia, Betty, Maya, Vera, Simone, Phyllis and Edna.... No way, it's gonna be Betty first!).

or guessing how the girls have arranged themselves in the coop at night (hey, Maya got the top roost tonight! good for her!)

"chicken salad" to us is a special salad that we make for the chickens.

there are at least 100 chicken decorations in our tiny 1000 s.f. house.

I am on BYC when I'm supposed to be working...again!

if....
You make scrambled eggs for your small flock of chickens!
lol.png

Last edited:
I live in Tennessee and the theme song for the Tenn Vols is Rocky Top. So, it is when you can open the back door and whistle Rocky Top and all 24 of your chooks come-a-flappin' to the gate. (I trained them from day 1 by whistling it as I fed them and it works. How nuts is that ?)

Quote:
What a neat idea! Too bad I can't whistle. I've been trying to figure out something to make them come when called. If it is not treat time of day, most of them don't come when I call.
idunno.gif

Ok I admit it - I am constantly luking during my work hours
caf.gif
- we're planning to build the coop during the winter and get chicks in the spring,
clap.gif
so all I can do now is lurk and dream (sigh)...

But does this count: How 'bout when you make 9 pages of chicken coop/run designs, print them out at work (shh) and tape them up on your bedroom wall and make "tweaks" to the design every day at work!! Gosh, I can't wait til spring!!
woot.gif
(Yes, they're already ordered and paid for!!)

Back
Top Bottom