Your turkeys name/s

Out of four turkeys, two have names. Hoover, the dominant tom, because he ate like a vacuum cleaner. Gracie, the smaller BBW hen, just because they are so calm and endearing. I still need to figure out a name for the royal palm tom and the other BBW hen. The royal palm was the only one that was supposed to be food, but I cannot bring myself to butcher any of our turkeys.

In the end I decided not to name any of our turkeys We have the 5 Bourbon Reds 2 did have names but we stopped calling them anything. Now they are all just THE TURKEYS.

We have two BBW's that my mom named Peter and Punkin when they were little. We thought Peter was a boy, but they both ended up being girls, so now we have Petey and Punkin. It just would have been too weird to change her name to something else. I didn't want to name them, but we needed something to call them. That's how we are.

I've also got a wild hen that showed up in a relative's back yard a few months ago. I named her Ugly Betty at the time, because her face was pretty ugly. Now, it's just Brown Betty. She's still a little funny looking, but getting quite pretty.

At one point, I had three cockerels that were being raised for the freezer. Their names were Thighs, Drumstick, and Side of Potatoes.

The four white hollands we have now are Boy'd (the tom), Turkish, Angel, and Little bit. We ... ahem ... ate Thanksgiving. We also had another tom named Mr. Mister that died this fall (very sad).

Out of four turkeys, two have names. Hoover, the dominant tom, because he ate like a vacuum cleaner. Gracie, the smaller BBW hen, just because they are so calm and endearing. I still need to figure out a name for the royal palm tom and the other BBW hen. The royal palm was the only one that was supposed to be food, but I cannot bring myself to butcher any of our turkeys.

I know what you mean ... they are too personable but we did manage to butcher one this year.

LM
Va~Room Baruff

3347, 2618, 2122, 3340, 3535, 3212,... Lol I can't name them I am already attached to my food a name would just break my heart

Back
Top Bottom