When I built my coop I didn't know about this place so I have some fundamental errors in my design. So here is the build anyway and I did get a few things right I think. I started out building the frame using pocket screw construction which makes a very good structure and goes together real fast.
The I covered the outside with OSB, if you look here you can see my first mistake... I put the nest boxes up higher than the roost. The second mistake is covering the sides of the clerestory and not putting some hardware cloth there for extra ventilation.
I did put the hardware cloth in correctly with screws and back up boards. Screwed from the outside into the 1 x 2's.
Putting on the roof and another mistake was putting tin over the roost area, it was too dark for the second batch of chickens and they refused to go in until I changed it for a clear roof.
The chicken sunroof.
Looks pretty anyway...
With the big door open you can see the nest boxes are higher than the roost. Big mistake, the chickens want to roost up high...
The nest box is just a slide out thing so I'll move it to the bottom and move my junk to the top and crawl inside and move the piece of OSB up to cover the top area. Hopefully it will work out.