Milwaukee Wisconsin Chicken Ordinance
|Are Chickens Allowed in this location||Yes|
|Max Chickens Allowed||4|
Coop location and design
• Chicken coops shall be constructed in a workmanlike manner, be moisture resistant, and either raised off the ground or placed on a hard surface such as concrete, patio block or gravel.
• Chicken coops and yards shall be constructed so they will not have standing water.
• Chicken coops shall be cleaned of hen droppings, uneaten feed, feathers and other waste daily and as necessary to ensure a health, odor or other nuisance does not exist.
• Chicken coops and yards together shall be large enough to provide at least 16 square feet per chicken. Fenced enclosure space can be added to the coop space to add up to the minimum number of square feet. Coops cannot be taller than 10 feet. Coops cannot exceed 50 sq. ft..
• Enclosures shall not be closer than 25 feet to any residential structure on an adjacent lot. Enclosures shall not be located in the front yard of a dwelling.
|City/Organization Contact name||[email protected]|
|Additional Information||Department of Neighborhood Services, Environmental and Nuisance Section at 414-286-5441|
|Link for more Information||http://www.ci.mil.wi.us/Env|
|Information Last Updated||2/11/2013|
NOTE: This information was submitted by a member of our chicken forum. Please make sure to double check that this information is accurate before you proceed with raising chickens. Learn more about local chicken laws and ordinances.