1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Lastest Coop Build

  1. Ole rooster
    Still trying to get this picture thing to work.
    This is the spot I picked for the coop. I can see from the house and on a neighbor line.
    This one stump cost me 2 days and more sweat that I wanted to expell.

    Morgan wanted to help so I got his a few tools and then he acted so unconcerned.
    The piece on the left is a foot I decided to add after I got started. I just did think 4x8 was enough.
    The walls finally went up.
    The hard part for me was the cut of the birdsmouth on both walls. I wanted to have the neas boxes under the roof so that's why I did it
    this way.
    I've just started having a problem with firefox so I'm post these pictures I have up to now.
    Finally got the metal cut and on. Next thing is insulation and the inside paneling.
    Nest slot and one of the windows. I know it's probably an overkill but I'm going with 4 boxes.
    Finally this thing is starting to come together. My is it ever hot. Morgan's found him a cool spot under the coop.
    That's all for now. Back to work.​

    Share This Article


To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by