We finally got a start on our coop today, Easter Sunday. My 13 year old daughter Sarah and I got as far as building the base frame of our coop. We would have gotten the floor laid, but my cordless saw battery died out. I have a corded saw, but only have a rough framing blade for it. Back to Home Depot tomorrow for another blade. Anyway, this is what we have so far:
I designed this coop myself after viewing numerous coops online. I used Google Sketchup to design it. I designed it to use only 6 sheets of plywood. the only PT part of it is the base as seen above. Here are my Sketchup pics of my intended coop:
More to come tomorrow!
Made some more progress today. Got some of the walls up (although long 2 x 3s need to be trimmed) and cut out some of the plywood pieces. Hoping to have all the walls up tomorrow and figure out how to put the roof on. Here a pics of today's progress:
Tall end with "people door" cut out. Short end with "chicken door" cut out.
My two best helpers. Please stop throwing my nails, Abby... Grab that box!At the end of the day.....
Three walls mostly up. Let's not talk about all the things that would
make a real builder pull their hair out when looking at this closely...
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!