Update on Giselle, Autumn, Peaches, Lucee, Tuli, and Penny!

By CherriesBrood · Sep 17, 2015 · Updated Sep 17, 2015 · ·
  1. CherriesBrood
    Hello, to everyone. :) Thought you'd like like to know what they have grown to look like. They are about 8 weeks now. Four of them have turned out to be cockerels, we have decided to keep two including one of the miracle babies. I'll tell the story of why we call them miracle babies after I show you the pics. Oh by the way there are three miracle chicks and three store bought chicks.

    Here is Penny (Now Henry) a Barred Rock, Buff Orpington mix.


    Lucee (Now Lucca) a Barred Rock, Buff Orpington mix.


    Tule a Barred Rock Buff Orpington mix.


    Autumn (Now August) a Brown Leghorn.


    Giselle an Easter Egger.


    Peaches a Salmon Favorelle.


    So now that you've seen them, I'd like to share with those that don't already know, why I call the three miracle babies. Well I hatched these three from one of my hens, now she has an incredible story!
    Their moms name is ButterCup and we call her our miracle chicken. She had survived prolapse and that's when a chicken pushes out all of her inside organs in a sack, from trying to lay an egg and pushing to hard. Well I did a lot of research and found out that there is a 10% chance of them surviving and a 90% chance of them dying, and the ones who do survive will NEVER lay eggs again. Well not only has buttercup survived, with our help, but she is laying eggs for us every other day!
    Not only has she gone through prolapse, but she has also survived from mushroom poisoning, a really bad cold, and the bird flu! She is jut determined not to give up no matter what! So after all this time, I was finally able to put in a batch of her eggs, and now I have Henry, Lucca, and Tule, but they are all cocks, go figure that out! :/

    Here is ButterCup a (miracle) Buff Orpington.


    I'v decided this time to enter in the babies AND Buttercup for chicken picture of the week.
    Thanks for reading :)

    P.S~ Another update on the babies or I should say pullets and cockerels will come in the winter! :)

    Share This Article

    About Author

    My main goal is to help others learn more about chickens. I love writing, researching, learning and helping others wherever I can. :)


To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!
  1. BantyChooks
    aww! i saw giselle's POW, she absolutely deserved it!!!!
  2. CherriesBrood
    Thank you, I can't believe how big they've all gotten! They are already half the size as the adults!
  3. BantyChooks
    yeah, Giselle looks like my Mystery. (so named cuz she was a freebie- we weren't sure wether she was a cornish X or a EE)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: