Hi all, I'm sharing my coop photos.
The coop is 5' x6' and the run is 3' by 8'. It currently houses 6 with a capacity of 8-10. I say 10 since the door to the run stays open in mild weather as it has hardware wire on all 6 sides. My chicks also get a few hours of free range time each day.
Aside from using plywood on the floor and roof, all of the wood is from reclaimed pallets. It still cost close to $300, the following is an approximate breakdown:
- Roof (2 sheets and end caps) $55
- Plywood $30
- Plexiglass for windows $20
- Hardware Wire (36" x 50') $60
- Paint (two 1gal exterior paint) $45.
- Hardware (screws, washers, hooks, chain, door latches, 24 hinges(!!), roofing nails, etc) $65
Has 3 windows (1 on back) which open to different levels .
Hard to see but the floors are vinyl.
Thanks for looking and I hope you like it. The chicks seem to love it.