Building the Perrydice Chicken Tractor

Maybe, but my guess is that they are inside and locked up at night, when coons are on the prowl. You give up some safety for mobility, and in this case it is well done. Most day predators are going to need to spend some serious time digging.

As someone who free ranges, I never saw the need for so much extra protection. For my chickens, I suppose I compared it to being in jail....statistically a safer place, but Id rather be out in the sun, thanks...

It is a great looking coop with a nice run underneath. Id love to see plans/measurements as well.

Thanks for your kind comments.

The coop is 4' x 8' and the roof is 6' from the ground on the high side and 5' off the ground on the low side.

The main reason for the 4 trailer jacks besides mobility is that I have very little level ground in my yard. This was the easiest way I could find to overcome that problems and still make it mobile.

The Run under the coop is completely enclosed in hardware cloth. Even the bottom, so no worries about animals digging up from underneath, and the chickens won't be able to tear up the roots of the grass wherever the coop is placed.

I'll try to draw up a dimensional drawing later today to help with the measurements.

Thanks again for looking!

Back
Top Bottom