Judge my Jap

L&Schickens

Songster
11 Years
Jun 9, 2008
Washington State
I recently aquired some Japanese bantams and want to take this guy to a show in December. Would I be wasting my entyr fee or is he a show bird?
I know he is a non standard color and yes, he is standing in these pictures.
big_smile.png

Here is General
l_b1747ee743f8411db23acd770a719eed.jpg

l_722c6a7c85964d2a9195cfa97068ef15.jpg

And next to a 5 month old Jersey Giant pullet and some seramas (in the cage) for size compairison.

l_41f35cec94ad4d5790717ab8d19d74f8.jpg

l_ea7e4133af4a46e1a77b8948156c986d.jpg

big_smile.png

Last edited:
Since he's not a standardized color you can't show him at an actual show. You can enter him in fairs under the msc. or some other class, but in shows they have to be recognized by the APA (and in some cases the ABA).

Actually, you can show him an an actual show, he just cannot win bb or rb. He would be entered as an AOV, and the best he could do would be to get best AOV.

I have not got my entry form yet, so I don't know how picky they will be about the classes. I guess I will find out when I get the form? I might be able to show him in a specialty class? I have Cream Brabanters and Norwegian Jaerhons I was going to enter too. I know they are not in the APA standard either.
Man! Now I wish I had my entry form already!!!
roll.png

Quote:
OK good. That is what I thought but it has been a while since I showed anything I could not remember. I don't care about winning, I just want him to go!!
I am also entering my bantam RIRs. I know they are in the standard.
wink.png

Ooooo - I SOOO shouldn't have looked. That is just magnificent!! But I have ZERO experience of showing birds. Sorry I couldn't help in that regard. Have fun though!!!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom