Judge my Jap

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by L&Schickens, Nov 14, 2008.

1. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I recently aquired some Japanese bantams and want to take this guy to a show in December. Would I be wasting my entyr fee or is he a show bird?
    I know he is a non standard color and yes, he is standing in these pictures. [​IMG]

Here is General
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And next to a 5 month old Jersey Giant pullet and some seramas (in the cage) for size compairison.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  2. omelette'smom

omelette'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    New Hampshire
    oooooooooooooh-HE'S A PRETTY BOY!!
    [​IMG]:love:love:love

3. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    I don't know anything about showing but he is beautiful !!!

4. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Since he's not a standardized color you can't show him at an actual show. You can enter him in fairs under the msc. or some other class, but in shows they have to be recognized by the APA (and in some cases the ABA).

5. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Actually, you can show him an an actual show, he just cannot win bb or rb. He would be entered as an AOV, and the best he could do would be to get best AOV.

6. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I have not got my entry form yet, so I don't know how picky they will be about the classes. I guess I will find out when I get the form? I might be able to show him in a specialty class? I have Cream Brabanters and Norwegian Jaerhons I was going to enter too. I know they are not in the APA standard either.
    Man! Now I wish I had my entry form already!!! [​IMG]

7. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Quote:OK good. That is what I thought but it has been a while since I showed anything I could not remember. I don't care about winning, I just want him to go!!
    I am also entering my bantam RIRs. I know they are in the standard. [​IMG]

8. Nice looking Jaganese black tail. I have three babies coming up from a nice hen and roo. He is purdy.

9. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Thanks!!
    He is really a barred tailed Japanese though.

10. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Ooooo - I SOOO shouldn't have looked. That is just magnificent!! But I have ZERO experience of showing birds. Sorry I couldn't help in that regard. Have fun though!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by