Traveling chain- Starting in PA

OneCuteShasta

Songster
13 Years
Apr 4, 2007
Tropical oHIo
Please help save these chickens and ducks! See the post entitled
"Chickens and Ducks for sale in Kintnerville, PA"

There are so many large, banty and duckling breeds to choose from. Ranging in price from $1.00 to $6.00. The owners have to move on Monday and any poultry not sold, will go to the slaughter auction.

We're trying to put together a traveling chain. Where one person picks them up and drives them X amount of miles to the next person in line who drives them X amount of miles and so on. Until the last person is the one taking their reserved animal(s). Or perhaps if you don't want to purchase anything, you could just help out with the travel. We need to put this together ASAP. We need a list of people (and any animals they are interested in) and where they are from- including zipcode. There is no payment for the traveling, just the great feeling of helping these poor animals to a better home.

If you can help at all, either buying animals and traveling, or just traveling, PLEASE email me at [email protected]. We need to get everyone's location(and purchases), decide on the milage distance and start this off so the animals are gone BEFORE Monday.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!!

They will be picked up in Kintnerville, PA and traveling to Wadsworth, OH- 44281 (where I live). We need people in between these 2 cities interested in traveling or travel and purchase. This truly is NOT a scam of ANY sort! I've ran this by a moderator.

wish they were going to IA I could get some chickens a home.
hmm.png
good luck

I don't have a pick-up, so I don't know if I could even help, but...

I could take a few hens, and help with a bit of the travel, but it would HAVE to be before Monday.

My zip is 16028, we're about 45 minutes north of Pittsburgh.

I'll drop a line to your private mail...
Anyone else out there that can help??

Jess

Last edited:
If anyone wants the Cornish they'd be $4 each which is like the least what they'd go for at auction.
There are 4 silky roosters, all whites. $2 each. is fine for them rather than taking them to auction.
1 Mille Fleur D'Uccle trio, young birds about 3-4 months old - $10. for the trio.
1 Mille Fleur D'Uccle pair about 2-3 months old - $7.
A few D'Uccle chicks from a few days - a month old - $3. each
The ducklings $3. ea.
4 New Hampshire red cross hens - $6. each
We have 5 rabbits left, $5 ea.

I'm going to buy the ducklings and both sets of Mille Fleur D'Uccle.

If you have emailed me, please let me know if you're interested in buying any of the above animals so we can know who goes where. Thanks to everyone that is helping out driving! You guys are GREAT!

We still need A LOT of drivers to make this project work. We especially need 1 or 2 more drivers between Kintnerville, PA 18930 and East Brady, PA 16028, and possibly 1 driver between East Brady, PA and Youngstown, OH. If you can help out at all with the driving, PLEASE contact me ASAP!

Pleas keep an eye on the Traveling Chain post for updates: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10822

I can get them from Kintnersville and take them about 3 hours which is state college area... anyone meet me there?

I can get them to hold the chickens for next weekend and I can bring them out Saturday next weekend.. i will even give them the money if need be - As long as i can get somewhat reimbursed.

Let me know!!
- Patti

I wish I could just take a week off from my "crapy" jobs and take all these babies to new homes.. I would rather dive all over the northeast and do that then be stuck at work. Unfortunetly that is not realistic.
sad.png

One day when i hit the lottery.. or something like that..
hmm.png

I wish i could get them to you in Virginia.. Never been there... but your like 5 hours away from me... Maybe if we can find someone in between? Just an idea...
big_smile.png

OneCuteShasta, I just sent you an email.
I live in Butler, PA, and could either pick up in East Brady and go to Butler, or pick up in Butler and go to Youngstown.
I'm also interested in a couple bantam hens. Are the mille's still up for grabs?

We're looking at perhaps Saturday, 7-21-07 to do the run. WE STILL NEED DRIVERS! There's also A LOT of chickens that need homes! Please consider giving one or more of these critters a home.

Okay, I cannot do Saturday the 21st.
sad.png
My SIL and her family are visiting from Georgia. Believe me, I'd MUCH rather do the chickie thing.

Please let me know if there is another day I can help.

I'm so sorry-
Jess

Edited to add:
If the whole chain thing does happen on the 21st, and it will be going through my area, I will come a reasonable distance to meet the chain and pick up a few birds, if there are any left to buy.
Again - I'm so sorry I can't help on the 21st ... it's even worse that I have to miss it to deal with my SIL and her miserable family.
he.gif
th.gif

Jess

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom