Hot Chocolate Recipe (includes eggs!)

miss_jayne

Lady_Jayne
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Columbiaville, MI
we had the BEST hot chocolate last night while decorating the Christmas tree. liked it better than hot cocoa. the kids loved it. and...it uses those delicious eggs our girls give us! it's fast and easy clean up. can be doubled, halved, etc.

the eggs made it very frothy! enjoy!
jumpy.gif

Hot Chocolate

6 C. Milk
2 Tbls. Sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon
2 Eggs, beaten well
2/3 C. Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips

Heat milk, in microwave safe dish, in the microwave until hot and almost bubbling. (mine took about 7 minutes.)

Meanwhile, mix beaten egg with the rest of the ingredients in small microwave safe dish. Mix them well.

Pull milk out when hot and put other dish in microwave. Heat until melty. Stir well until mixed. Pour into milk and whisk until smooth.

Put milk mixture back into microwave for a few more minutes. Just don't boil. It will be nice and frothy.

When it reaches desired temp, ladle into mugs. Top with whipped cream, Cool-Whip, Cinnamon or Crushed Peppermints...whatever you like!

THEN DRINK IT DOWN! it is uber creamy!

Sounds delectable, and a great way to use the eggs!

I make a hot cocoa mix that you can give as gifts (no eggs, though).

1 cup each of cocoa, sugar/splenda, and powdered milk, plus 1 tsp kosher salt & 1/2 c chocolate chips. Put 1/3 cup of the mix into a mug & add hot water. Great for keeping at work!

This looks like something that could easily be converted to low carb. Including the egg will make it delicious AND nutritious. Hummmm.....

big_smile.png

Last edited:
yes to everyone! ha ha! all good ideas and glad you are enjoying it!

this could very easily be converted to carb. the egg and milk are going to up the protein. (i am hypoglycemic, so i am very careful with sugar.)

i would suppose one could use carob chips and stevia or splenda in the recipe. it may take a little playing and toying, but you could figure it i am sure!

Shelley....hope little man enjoyed...he's a chocolatey kinda kid....

Back
Top Bottom