Our Plucker & Web page**UPDATED w/video Plucking Chickens**

RedStickLA

Songster
12 Years
Feb 27, 2007
South Louisiana
The last time we butchered chickens my husband said, we will not do it again until I build a chicken plucker.

Well the plucker is complete and I am overflowing with roo’s so this weekend we will try it out. He did a fantastic job on the plucker. He also made a web page about it with pics and a youtube video. The video is of my daughter moving the plucker, turning it on and showing the motor and inside of the tub ect…he will add another youtube video of it plucking chickens after this weekend.

Go take a look and tell me what you think…

***UPDATED***
We processed 38 Birds and it worked like a charm! Posted several videos on the web page of the plucker in action.
big_smile.png

http://members.cox.net/chickenplucker/plucker.shtml

Mitzi

Last edited:
I just watched the video and my 6 yo was looking over my shoulder and asked what it was. I told him it was a chicken plucker and he said "Then where is the chicken?" LOL!!
Great plucker!!

Very nice. That's almost how I had envisioned building one. I've been watching EBay for a deal on a reduction box. What did he use for a drum? That looks like a can from a pole mount transformer.

Quote:
We are not sure what it was...our neighbor gave it to him. It did have some kind of electrical equipment in it and it is a lot thicker than most barrels. I think the neighbor bought it at a surplus sale.
Mitzi

Very very nice job, if you are anything like i am, i bet you had some big fun working out the design, and welding and building it. let us know how it works out. great job.

AL

Quote:
Thank You!
My husband made it not me...
BUT I can tell you, you are right
thumbsup.gif
he did have BIG FUN making it! He can never make anything like the book tells you too...he always has to come up with ways to make it bigger and better.
gig.gif

Mitzi

Quote:
Thank You!
My husband made it not me...
BUT I can tell you, you are right
thumbsup.gif
he did have BIG FUN making it! He can never make anything like the book tells you too...he always has to come up with ways to make it bigger and better.
gig.gif

Mitzi

LOL I know he did, I do the same thing and my DW always says why don't you just read the instructions. HuuuH whe no need no stinkin instructions. hehe. there is always a better way to do things, if we always went by the book then we would never be able to puff out our chest's and say look at my mind boggling brilliant idea I came up with all on my lonesome. LOL LOL.

AL

We now have video's up on the web page of the plucker actually plucking Chickens!
big_smile.png

We processed 38 birds and it worked like a charm!

The end result...

icechest.jpg

38 Clean, Cut Up and Bagged Birds!
thumbsup.gif

Mitzi

Back
Top Bottom