Flock pictures

marie_martin

Songster
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Grenada, MS
I have taken a few new pics lately and wanted to share.

My three serama hens and roo are all sharing responsibility for these two babies, my first to hatch here:

IMG_4203.jpg

IMG_4075-1.jpg

IMG_4081-1.jpg

One of my favorite silkie hens:

IMG_4206.jpg

IMG_4218.jpg

My new silkie roo: (I have had to trim around his face and around his vent area)

IMG_4217.jpg

IMG_4070-1.jpg

IMG_4067-1.jpg

My outside brooder (inside a storage building):

IMG_4241.jpg

A young roo who is showing some promise:

IMG_4248.jpg

IMG_4213.jpg

And some group silkie pics:

IMG_4246.jpg

IMG_4243.jpg

IMG_4211.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg

Buff silkie roo?:

IMG_4221.jpg

Here he is in a nest, no eggs in there I think he was just trying to stay warm?

IMG_4253.jpg

my sizzle girl just getting her feathers back good after molt:

IMG_4239.jpg

These girls are all broody and fighting over nests:

IMG_4256.jpg

Here are my dirty cochins:

IMG_4257.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

IMG_4259.jpg

Faverolles:

IMG_4072-1.jpg

IMG_4073-1.jpg

IMG_4074-1.jpg

Did not get the barred rocks, but will try to get some soon. I have had a time getting good pics lately, it is so cold or raining or both. Thanks for looking.

Marie

Thanks for the nice comments. It is so hard to take good pics of them. Especially right now with all the mud and rain. Anyone have any comments on the new roo? Just wondering what you thought of his quality?

Thanks,

Marie

I think you have a very nice flock..I like your new boy, just wish his comb was a bit smaller, but I am a freak about comb size...but he looks very nice..lots of fluff, and he is nice and wide..and he looks like he will take good care of your girls.

Last edited:
His comb is big, but nice shaped and much better than the bumpy combs I have had. I was worried about his size compared to my girls but I think he will be good to them. After I trimmed his face a bit he has since started to be a bit more afgressive in mating the girls. He is still quite young, barely a bump where his spurs are suppose to be. I did not realize how young he was, but he is starting to come around and realize he is head roo! Any other comments on him or the others would be appreciated.

Marie

Back
Top Bottom