Online Chicken Saddle Fashion Show -** PRIZE***- Ends 4-31-09

Moodene

Songster
13 Years
Jan 15, 2007
Devers, Texas
Deadline is April 31,2009.

LOL..I know but we have some people who buy chicken saddles for their birds-hens or roosters.
So please show off your birds with those saddles on. SO LET THE SHOW BEGIN!!
woot.gif

Post your picture or pictures here for all of us to see...
big_smile.png

***SpeckledHills will be donating a prize for the best saddled dressed bird!...

Come on now..I know there is all kinds of pretty saddles on your birds whether they are mine ,yours or others...

Last edited:
So, only two girls are laying, so they are the only one wearing them!

First is Pretty Girl:
13982_dsc00455.jpg

Second is HEN:
13982_dsc00456.jpg

They don't photograph very well. Or maybe I just stink at taking their pictures...
Hugs
Christina

Here is my first girl with my first home made saddle. It is not pretty but I did not have time to start sewing. So I just cut off a piece of an old pair of jeans and cut 3 holes in it (2 for wings and one for tail) and put it on her. She had all of a sudden developed a really bad bleeding bald spot (I think from my one and only rooster) and all the other hens started to pick at her spot. It is a little bit too big but it has stayed on ever since I put it on her so I am quite happy with it. Not pretty but it does the job.
7095_img_7196.jpg

Here's my entry:
My Wheaten Ameraucana, Wonder, in her sturdy denim saddle that's embroidered with an iris, my favorite flower.
Wondersaddle.jpg

I have LOVED having a chicken saddle for Wonder! When our young roos' hormones were raging, she got barebacked. One of the other hens started pecking her in her vulnerable bare spot, too. Wonder grew afraid to the point that she was hiding out in the coop rafters and not getting much chance to eat. The chicken saddle enabled her to join the rest of the crew.

I have loved the practical quality of the material and the lovely embroidery work on this design! However, this saddle has elastic straps that go directly from her shoulders under her wings to attach to the back part of the saddle. The straps chafe her against the front part of her wings, so I'd like to try a different strap design, such as yours, Moodene.

Back
Top Bottom