Wax on cracked egg, Update on page 3!!!!!

kelseygirl707

Dances with Chickens
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Lakeport, Ca.
I was just candling, and I bumped the incubator while removing an egg, and it slipped, fell about 6 inches to the table, and cracked, the crack is very apparent, but no leakage, so I don't believe the membrane broke. Should I toss it, I feel so bad, because there is a definate baby in there.
hit.gif
What should I do?

Last edited:
if its not leaking you can melt candle wax to cover the crack , uncented is best but if you dont have uncentted im shure its better then chucking the poor thing. What day are you on.? YOu can use little birthday candles..If you dont have a candle and cant get one you could try the sticky part of a bandaid cut off and and use that on the crack. Good luck

I'm on day 11, so I'll try the wax, I think I'll have to go buy an unscented, as all I have are melon scented tea lights.

Thank you!

Last edited:
just make shure you dont take to long the longer you wait the bigger the chance bactiria can get in there and kill the chick.
If it was me and I would use the scented if I coudnt get uncented in the next 20-30 min but Im new at this allso

Ok, I found an unscented candle, and I covered the cracks, but almost one third to half the egg is covered in wax, is that ok? will the baby still be able to get out?

Back
Top Bottom